Pasture management

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":4tplbb5e said:
I just shredded 20 acres of good hay because it had a lot coffee weed in it, and I don't need the hay. I plan on spraying it with
2-4d in 10 days and baling it the first week of September, I'll store it outside and feed it first. After cutting the hay off, I'll no-till a oat, rye and clover mix. What works for one person won't necessarily work for another person. Being flexible and able to adapt to what needs to be done is important.
Is there no cotton in middle Ga.? Lots of cotton not far from me and people have me scared to death to spray 2-4d after it comes up. You ever had any problems with drift from 2-4d?

kd4au":2ornnrb8 said:
True Grit Farms":2ornnrb8 said:
I just shredded 20 acres of good hay because it had a lot coffee weed in it, and I don't need the hay. I plan on spraying it with
2-4d in 10 days and baling it the first week of September, I'll store it outside and feed it first. After cutting the hay off, I'll no-till a oat, rye and clover mix. What works for one person won't necessarily work for another person. Being flexible and able to adapt to what needs to be done is important.
Is there no cotton in middle Ga.? Lots of cotton not far from me and people have me scared to death to spray 2-4d after it comes up. You ever had any problems with drift from 2-4d?

All I can go by is my results, I've sprayed my corn with glysophate and a 2-4 mixture right next to cotton without any problems. I make sure to spray when there's no wind, cause I really don't want any problems. The cotton farmers around me shoot every deer they can and I lease and sell hunts to deer hunters. I own the land I spray the 2-4d on and the cotton is growing on leased land so I really don't worry about it. Myself I'd just watch the wind and spray away with heavy droplets and low pressure.

True Grit Farms":2zjqvei2 said:
kd4au":2zjqvei2 said:
True Grit Farms":2zjqvei2 said:

All I can go by is my results, I've sprayed my corn with glysophate and a 2-4 mixture right next to cotton without any problems. I make sure to spray when there's no wind, cause I really don't want any problems. The cotton farmers around me shoot every deer they can and I lease and sell hunts to deer hunters. I own the land I spray the 2-4d on and the cotton is growing on leased land so I really don't worry about it. Myself I'd just watch the wind and spray away with heavy droplets and low pressure.
Thanks