pasture lease

Help Support CattleToday:

MudHog":3t3en49r said:
Your the owner, so shake hands and go. If I was the guy approaching you, I'd want a signed lease for X number of years before I start investing in the land.

Not sure about prices in your area, but South LA Ag land is $100/acre. I'd start with that and be flexible.
Would it not be more cost efficient to buy land at that price point?

RanchMan90":2wxzg8qk said:
MudHog":2wxzg8qk said:
Your the owner, so shake hands and go. If I was the guy approaching you, I'd want a signed lease for X number of years before I start investing in the land.

Not sure about prices in your area, but South LA Ag land is $100/acre. I'd start with that and be flexible.
Would it not be more cost efficient to buy land at that price point?

Land is $18-$25k per acre in my area. Way to high and would be way to long before it is paid off and making profit. A 9 acre tract of sugarcane field recently sold less than 1/8 mike from me for $18k/acre and still had sugarcane on it.

Now if prices were sub $5k/acre, that would work. I just live in a high area and ever since Katrina and Rita, people have moving here for higher ground and driving prices up.

Farmers are paying $100/acre to grow sugarcane here, so unless you match (most cases need to beat) you don't get the land.

Cleared land is at least $10,000+ an acre here. Not much pasture land for sale. He owns 50 acres and is looking for a few more to rent. Mine is all fenced, and has stock pond, so there isn't much for him to invest in, just leasing space. I think proximity to his current place is his major interest. Thanks for the input. I'm definitely going to entertain his offer.

Latest posts