Pasture herd pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
Just thought I would post a few pics of part of our herd out on pasture
SV_herd_3.jpg

SV_herd_1.jpg

And here's an updated pic of Macho with my Dad - just before his 86th birthday. My dad is born & raised CITY (so was I) and he was so excited to be "near" such a huge animal :lol:
SV_Macho_w_Dad.jpg

Couldn't resist getting a new pic of Macho.
Not looking for comments - just wanted to share.

nice herd of simmy cows . love the blk hide on them. had a friend that started a simmy herd in the early 70s. then in the 80s put a brimmer on them. going for simbras. those cows was crazy.i know your dad had to love holding that bull. scott

Thanks guys/gals. I had an 8x10 pic blown up for my dad. He has shown it to everyone. Had a copy made & it's on the bulletin board of a local store. He lives in Missouri - and believe it or not - he's still working. DRIVES to Springfield, Ill each week. Has been sent to Japan for the company twice in the last 3-4 years. Wish my body was in as good a shape as his - he doesn't have arthritis - I inherited that from my mom.

That's 3rd time grazing that field. As green as our grasses are, we're bone dry. Got 0.1 inch last night of rain. Desperately need it.

Well, we're heading to Louisville EARLY in the morning to the Simmental Sweepstakes. Showing off some of Macho's calves. Just got back from a small county fair to "break the kids in".

very nice looking cattle jeanne... but your bull could be a little more docile.. :lol:

jt

Jeanne, The trees and grass could pass for being in Tennessee. You have a very nice herd, and a very nice bull. I like the picture you took of your Dad with the bull. I know he is proud of him. The bull and your Dad look so calm! Sometimes I have to think how such a large animal lets us lead them around with a rope on their head.

I just re-looked at the pics I posted and realized - none of the calves are in the pics - they must have stayed in the woods. They were all in the woods - so I called them & they were all parading out when I took the pics. Will have to take more pics with calves in them.

They are great pictures of super cows and the bull is great too. Keep up the great work.. I appreciate all your positive posts...donna

There were 180 head from the "who's who" in the Simmental business.
Took a 1st (Res. Div Ch) with bull calf (by default - no competition in his age). Took 2nd with a 2-15-05 heifer, than took 2nd with same calf & 2 year old dam. C/c that beat her ended up Res Grand Chmp C/C. There were 10 - 2yr old pairs.
Took 3rd with Dec 8, 04 heifer and took 8th with a 1-26-05 heifer.
All in all, we were thrilled. Thanks for asking.

Latest posts