Pasture herd pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne,

Nice pictures, especially the one with your dad. It will be a treasure in years to come.

I lost my dad about 3 years ago. I have several similar pictures that mean the world to me now that he's not here. Like the one below with the calves out in the pasture.

bill4.jpg

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2rcpm2g0 said:
Just thought I would post a few pics of part of our herd out on pasture
SV_herd_3.jpg

SV_herd_1.jpg

And here's an updated pic of Macho with my Dad - just before his 86th birthday. My dad is born & raised CITY (so was I) and he was so excited to be "near" such a huge animal :lol:
SV_Macho_w_Dad.jpg

Couldn't resist getting a new pic of Macho.
Not looking for comments - just wanted to share.
=====
Jeanne,
Nice pics....nice fields,nice herd of cows. Dad and all look happy.

Don't tell crowderfarms you're a transplant from the city he/she looks down on ALL CITY FOLKS with disparagement and unkind remarks. Don't feel bad though.... that includes all amish, mennonites and just about everyone else. :roll:

We just sold and delivered a bull and two heifers to the Middletown area between Binghamton and Port Jervis by the Delaware...southwest of you perhaps. That is a beautiful area...as is all of central NY.

That's why I complimented her herd and her Dad. Pesto, when are you going to learn.You're wrong as usual. The Posse is saddled and ready.

crowderfarms,
It was your post...rmemember?

"Crowderfarms
GURU

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:27 am

Just wondering how many of you know your neighbors? With so many people leaving the Cities to envoke on the "Simple Life" It has my curiousity. Here are some of my Questions./Thoughts.
A. They're Great folks, they'd help me 24/7
B. Wish they'd go back wherever they came from
C. Don't know them-Don't want to know them
D. They think they know it all. Can't wait to see them fall on their face.
E. I pass them on the road now and then, but talk about Hermits.
F. Had them over for Supper, have'nt seen them again.
G. They moved in, lasted for 6 months and Halleluia, they're gone!!
H. Wants to help with our Cattle when we work them, but I'm afraid he'd get killed.
I. Honey I saw the old Jenkins place has a "For Sale" Sign on it today. Let's go celebrate.!
You don't have to follow my questions. Any thought yall' have are welcome! "

preston39":g01gh00v said:
Don't tell crowderfarms you're a transplant from the city he/she looks down on ALL CITY FOLKS with disparagement and unkind remarks. Don't feel bad though.... that includes all amish, mennonites and just about everyone else. :roll:
Pesto
Most of us, Crowder Farms included, look down with dispargement
and unkind remarks on you, not necessarily on city folks. The reason for this is you are a pest and a pain in the royal butt. Seems like you would realize other peoples thoughts and feelings towards you, and believe me they are not good.

Jeanne,
I'm always interested in forages. What do you grow on your place in New York?
J. T.

la4angus":20wi9ha3 said:
preston39":20wi9ha3 said:
Pesto
Most of us, Crowder Farms included, look down with dispargement
and unkind remarks on you, not necessarily on city folks. The reason for this is you are a pest and a pain in the royal butt. Seems like you would realize other peoples thoughts and feelings towards you, and believe me they are not good.
G. Presto Doom. That's your name right? Guess with a name like "Doom" You've never stood a chance in this ol' world.I'm going to tell you to back off for the last time on trying to cause any further disruption on these boards. You're scoring less and less points with readers and posters. You are clearly a Parasite. Why don't you come on down to TN. and meet me for a cup of Coffee? I don't even think you're even a citizen of the State of Kentucky. Surely you would not have lasted this long. I will warn you. If there is a next time I will humiliate you right here on the Boards. And what I'll do will astonish you. I promise.

A6gal":3v05je5f said:
Jeanne,

Nice pictures, especially the one with your dad. It will be a treasure in years to come.

I lost my dad about 3 years ago. I have several similar pictures that mean the world to me now that he's not here. Like the one below with the calves out in the pasture.

bill4.jpg

You Dad looks like a real Cowman, who loved raising cattle and loved his cattle!! :D

Copeman,

It's in the blood! Dad was 5th generation to raise cattle in this area of Texas and he did love doing it. He showed cattle many years ago before my time. He could make them do just about anything. He'd have them kneeling on cue. I have a picture somewhere of him taking a nap under a tree using a 10 month old steer as a pillow. He had a way with all animals, growing up we had every kind of pet you could imagine, my favorite being a pet javelina named Poncho. Unfortunately, there are a lot of things dad knew that he never taught me and now I'm learning everything about cattle the hard way, trial and error. So dad's, don't forget to pass on your knowledge! Don't just do what your doing, take the time to explain to your sons AND DAUGHTERS what your doing and why your doing it.

JT - whatever grows naturally. Lots of many kinds of clover (ladino, red, white, giant, etc) some birdsfoot treefoil, orchard grass, timothy, fescue, etc. Oh yeah, and lots of edible weeds! :lol: We rotational graze, trying to give them a 3-4 day supply at a time. Have 10 main paddocks of HiTensile that I subdivide as needed with polywire.
Today, I have them in a winter lot that was full of ragweed (among other grasses & weeds), and they are munching away, cleaning up the lot.
We are sooooo dry, regrowth is not coming. Our 2nd cutting hay is just sitting there. Won't be cutting it at all for 2nd, will just graze it & have to buy about 40-50 dry bales.