Pasture Aeration

Help Support CattleToday:

ggreg02

Reaction score
For you guys here in central Texas, when is the best time to aerate my pasture? I assume it is early spring but are there any disadvantages of doing it right now.

I can,t tell you when the best time is but there are a lot of people around here doing it now. I think the most important thing is that you want to catch it before th spring growth and when ground moisture is right.

If the ground is moist enough for the spikes to do well, I'll do it before fertilizing grazed pastures. Have had good luck with it reguardless of the season.

ggreg02":30hbdre9 said:
For you guys here in central Texas, when is the best time to aerate my pasture? I assume it is early spring but are there any disadvantages of doing it right now.
the disadvantage right now is the ground is still cold grass is still dorment,, a hard rain will close the holes up over night.. and you need to fertilize it then run over it with the aeriator or you wasting time and fuel. like was said you can areate any time. but its best to target it just before green up and as the ground is warming up

Latest posts