Parmak solar 12v fence charger

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":20tsusgx said:
dun":20tsusgx said:
skyhightree1":20tsusgx said:
Thanks GB

I got a call from sheriff office calves were out so I went and fooled with the fence.made those changes most I got out out of it were a little over 2000 volts last I checked but found a limb on the fence pushing wire onto the t post shorting out a section so may have more volts I noticed that the ground is cracking open to.
After you cleared the short to ground (T-post) did you check the wire voltage

Checked it this morning is right at 2700

Your low still have a ground or battery problem. How old is the battery.

I check mine every day , Ive been around electric fence my whole life and I used a number of testers but since I bought the dare fault finder this year I can diagnose a problem In 5 seconds. I am 2 cheap to buy fence disconnects at 10 to 20 bucks a piece and picked up a bunch of battery disconnect switches from harbor freight for 2 bucks a piece a while back and have them installed in strategic locations I turned on a section sunday running 4.3 amps a 6.8 volts no short showing so I rode down it and saw where some morning glory was growing I left it alone and the next day it was 2.6 and 8.3volts and the MG was dead and drying out.

Caustic Burno":yschwmpe said:
skyhightree1":yschwmpe said:
dun":yschwmpe said:
After you cleared the short to ground (T-post) did you check the wire voltage

Checked it this morning is right at 2700

Your low still have a ground or battery problem. How old is the battery.

Battery is 5 years old.

Caustic Burno":yschwmpe said:
Sky you have to get one of these save hours of looking.

I will definitely have one cause that's a pain in the butt walking the fence even riding is a pain in the woods if you gotta get off and walk where the ranger cant fit

M-5":yschwmpe said:
I check mine every day , Ive been around electric fence my whole life and I used a number of testers but since I bought the dare fault finder this year I can diagnose a problem In 5 seconds. I am 2 cheap to buy fence disconnects at 10 to 20 bucks a piece and picked up a bunch of battery disconnect switches from harbor freight for 2 bucks a piece a while back and have them installed in strategic locations I turned on a section sunday running 4.3 amps a 6.8 volts no short showing so I rode down it and saw where some morning glory was growing I left it alone and the next day it was 2.6 and 8.3volts and the MG was dead and drying out.

I use mine only on leased places with no electric I need to make a habit to test daily

2700 is still way too low. 4500 is considered the minimum for cattle. If you don;t have one, get a digital tester like was recommended. I had a Gallagher that I had to send in 3 times in 6 months to be repaired so I got the one from Stafix. Been 10 years and all I;ve had to do is change batterys once. The run anywhere from 85-100 bucks but they'll save that much in aggravation. I would still check it with a different charger to at least eliminate one possibility. Then check it again for shorts, then augment the ground system if needed

greybeard":38t0w5ew said:
Cross, I know you your chargers, but do you think 1/2 Joule is hot enough at 6100V--assuming 1000ohm resistance in the wire?
https://www.speedrite.com/en-us/product/s500

Isn't Speedrite just a souped up or rebranded patriot?
Both are made by the same company--TruTest.

Trutest mfg for Speedrite, Stayfix and Patriot, and many other things
I would rank them in that order as quality goes and also in price.

The link states it's only a 1/2 joule output and 9500 volts
The mag12sp is high as 3.1 joule and 11000 volts

I have 3 mag12sp running right now
One powers a little over 2000' and also around my garden.
I accidentally get into it fairly regularly and it zaps you pretty good,
But the Speedrite has got me twice.
The first it rattled my teeth.
The second time I was climbing over barbwire fence with an electric wire attached to it. It got me through my pants and boot top and still lit me up.

The stated output the parmak should be "hotter" but given a choice I'd touch a mag12sp before I would a S500

But based on output numbers it doesn't make sense

Dry here again sheriff called me all my cattle were out I was a half hour away talk about sick feeling in the stomach ... Get there everyone is accounted for fence barely putting anything out.

You've got to get around 7-10K volts. I'm not surprised the cows are out. Measure your charger ground terminal to earth ground. I'll bet it's over 2K.

shaz":275zjcw1 said:
You've got to get around 7-10K volts. I'm not surprised the cows are out. Measure your charger ground terminal to earth ground. I'll bet it's over 2K.

I took a nurse tank over this morning and let it slowly run out on the area have about 1000 gallons in it and after half hour voltage went up 1400v so hopefully this will help I plan on moving the cows in Nov anyway

Latest posts