Parkinsons/Pesticide Link

Help Support CattleToday:

I've used a carload of pesticides over the years, including Paraquat. I don't see a problem, yet.
My best buddy since kindergarten was an educator, never handled any pesticides that I know of and he has the Parkinsons bad.
Articles like this are "alarmist" masquerading as "science."

Did you actually read it or just dis it? It does not read as alarmist to me. In fact it seems to be pretty positive.
The fact that you do not appear to have any pesticide related issues makes you lucky.
Not an expert.
If they trotted out one person who had had your exposure then you would say it's not scientific.
Why would the opposite be any more true?

Don't take it personal. I appreciate the post.
MSN is the popular press, not a scientific journal. They have a "slant" on everything.
I'm not aware of any current scenario where paraquat would be the herbicide of choice. In the '70's, the "war on drugs" sprayed paraquat on some Mexican pot fields. The pot growers harvested and sold the stuff into America, because it just looks a nice ripe color. That became a small scandal.
The other chemical mentioned, Maneb, is a fungicide, I think. I had a backyard orchard, an it was part of the spray regimen if I wanted any fruit.
Peace.

might-may-could-tend
When I see words like that leading off a study article, especially in a non-blind study--I take it with a grain of salt. Even more so, when they intentionally create a model that is predisposed to have pre-determined results. Using the word "unlucky" in a supposedly scientific article casts a shadow of doubt on the whole thing. Science doesn't recognize luck as factor--it just doesn't.
Still, I wish them luck.

Remember the "scientific paper that purportedly showed a link of causation between cancerous tumors and GM corn in lab rats ?
Sure we do--it was all over the internet as all the greenies and sky fallers held it up as the Holy Grail of bad things to come.
RETRACTED!

Latest posts