Parasitic control using DE

Help Support CattleToday:

Under the right conditions lots can be learned when young. The Amish prove that.
Dad left when I was two, mom couldn't hack it alone while going to school so she moved back to my grandfather's cattle spread. My memories go like this: crib/toddler memories, the petting zoo my dad took me to the day before he left, and then Pop's place. He used to strap me into a car seat in his old box body GMC and cart me all over. They gave me free ice cream at the grocer, free suckers at the feed store, and free YooHoos and cokes at the day old bread store. I have barely toddling around memories of holding lights to gut deer, fetching more bands for the elasticator from the truck, sitting on the dead broke learning horse we had. Sitting on the hood of the truck at feeding time at three or four years old with wads of kudzu and hay so the cows would come and nuzzle me and I could feed them.

Then my great grandma died, left me her herd, we ran them in with his and my azz has been stuck like molasses in one or more forms of ag at a time ever since.

My grandfather, he saves my life still sometimes and he's been dead. My mom eventually remarried and that man was a mean bastard. My grandfather used to get me away to the cattle farm every free hour I had and for months and weeks at a time. He talked me out of killing that man three or four times. Tackled me once and took my gun when he was over at the house and I went to kill that bastard. Good man. Miss him every day. Spend a lot of time talking to the wind and the timber like it's him. He's there, just can't see him is all. He taught me everything I know worth knowing.

My grandfather, he saves my life still sometimes and he's been dead. My mom eventually remarried and that man was a mean bastard. My grandfather used to get me away to the cattle farm every free hour I had and for months and weeks at a time. He talked me out of killing that man three or four times. Tackled me once and took my gun when he was over at the house and I went to kill that bastard. Good man. Miss him every day. Spend a lot of time talking to the wind and the timber like it's him. He's there, just can't see him is all. He taught me everything I know worth knowing.
I hope my grandson feels that way about me someday.

Ken

I hope my grandson feels that way about me someday.

Ken
Well, I don't know you from Adam's housecat, but from what I do know of your life and stories and what I can see of what a straight-talker you are he likely as not will. The only question is how he'll use it. I live a lot like my grandfather, which amuses my wife and chagrins my mother.

Latest posts