Parasitic control using DE

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes sir feeding it to them.
DE is already used in the feed industry for anti-caking properties.
We Dust our cattle with it and yes we feed it to them. We have no bugs of any kind on our cattle and no parasites when they're processed I always ask the processor to check.
Our cattle have a beautiful shiny coat and no health issues at all...can't say it's all because of DE....but I don't change something unless it broke.
I've also read that it does not work internally but I've also read many articles where they say it does work.
But my opinion is that it's harmless so why not try it internally, worst case is once it comes out in the manure it'll dry out and kill maggots in the manure.
I know for a fact that kills a lot of things because I dust around our barn with it and we find all kinds of dead scorpions, worms and other bugs.

We Dust our cattle with it and yes we feed it to them. We have no bugs of any kind on our cattle and no parasites when they're processed I always ask the processor to check.
Our cattle have a beautiful shiny coat and no health issues at all...can't say it's all because of DE....but I don't change something unless it broke.
I've also read that it does not work internally but I've also read many articles where they say it does work.
But my opinion is that it's harmless so why not try it internally, worst case is once it comes out in the manure it'll dry out and kill maggots in the manure.
I know for a fact that kills a lot of things because I dust around our barn with it and we find all kinds of dead scorpions, worms and other bugs.
I'm not saying it does work because i dont know. But have read others speaking to its effectiveness somewhere.

If it became known that it did indeed work, lots of chemicals would be idle on the shelf. Similar to other facets in life.

What is the cost?

I know a lady that insisted on deworming her stallion with DE. She used it for several years and dewormned with nothing else. Horse got very thin and died. She had him posted; he was full of parasites.

I wouldn't use it as an internal dewormer; using it as a dust might help. Or it might not.

I know a lady that insisted on deworming her stallion with DE. She used it for several years and dewormned with nothing else. Horse got very thin and died. She had him posted; he was full of parasites.

I wouldn't use it as an internal dewormer; using it as a dust might help. Or it might not.
I'm not telling anyone to use it. But we use it with great results so I certainly won't stop because someone knew somebody that something happened to somebody's horse.