Pandemic

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie":lqwz86h2 said:
HerefordSire":lqwz86h2 said:
Word on the street is Fort Worth Schools are closed...80,000 students.

Yes, indeed. All Fort Worth schools except for essential personnel, are closed unitl May 8th. Interesting because we are in the middle of TAKS testing. I hope the state grants a waver on the days they will have to make up.

Two teachers went home sick yesterday where I work. We will see today whether or not it was from the flu. We sent home letters yesterday explaining that we have no suspected cases so far. One of those teachers who went home was really sick. The other, well, let's just say that he's a wuss. He had some body aches, (welcome to my world), and that he wanted to go home and call his doctor just in case. I think he wanted to get out of his TAKS duties. I hope he doesn't have it because I have subbed his classes for the last two days.

Lammie, and all, here is the best site I have found dealing with flu:
http://doihaveswineflu.org/

I think I'm going to change my user name to "Paranoid". It just seems in the back of my mind that I keep hearing some in the new administration say:

"Never let a crisis go to waste"

I keep wondering what this "crisis" is going to bring in the way of new government rules, regulations, spendings, civil liberty infringements, tax increases, vaccinations, etc.

Keep your eyes peeled and your powder dry. This "crisis" is just getting warmed up.

john250":tzqa0lfh said:
Lammie":tzqa0lfh said:
HerefordSire":tzqa0lfh said:
Word on the street is Fort Worth Schools are closed...80,000 students.

Yes, indeed. All Fort Worth schools except for essential personnel, are closed unitl May 8th. Interesting because we are in the middle of TAKS testing. I hope the state grants a waver on the days they will have to make up.

Two teachers went home sick yesterday where I work. We will see today whether or not it was from the flu. We sent home letters yesterday explaining that we have no suspected cases so far. One of those teachers who went home was really sick. The other, well, let's just say that he's a wuss. He had some body aches, (welcome to my world), and that he wanted to go home and call his doctor just in case. I think he wanted to get out of his TAKS duties. I hope he doesn't have it because I have subbed his classes for the last two days.

Lammie, and all, here is the best site I have found dealing with flu:
http://doihaveswineflu.org/

264.gif
264.gif
264.gif

Good one, john.

The two teachers are back. One is fine, (the wuss who just didn't want to be here yesterday) and the other one is still sick but came anyway, thanks a lot!

No sick kids at the HS other than one with strep throat. I've been fielding calls all morning from parents wondering when we are closing. I tell them we are hail and hardy and we have no plans to close as of now.

My tonsils are starting to bother me a little... :help:

Word on the street is there is less than 10M Tamiflu doses in the USA. There are 300M people here. Doctors cannot provide it unless in ER and proven. Fed instructions coming from an MD. You can read between the lines.

HerefordSire":39qbpnh6 said:
Word on the street is there is less than 10M Tamiflu doses in the USA. There are 300M people here. Doctors cannot provide it unless in ER and proven. Fed instructions coming from an MD. You can read between the lines.

National Guard activated to protect Tamiflu stock piles.

Latest posts