Pandemic robbery?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
There's a little one man tire shop operation here in town. I usually like to trade with the guy. He's funny to visit with anyway. A couple of months ago, I needed two steering tires on truck, but his place was shut down. Noticed he opened back yesterday, so stopped in today for a little tire work. He noticed the tires on my truck were a brand he doesn't sell. I said," yeah I cheated on ya while you were closed down. He volunteered that he gotten a no payback loan, and had been drawing unemployment as well (I didn't know self employed people could draw). He went on to say, that he had gotten bored at home, and decided to open back up. His story, not mine..........Did anybody know you could even do such a thing???????

Bigfoot said:
There's a little one man tire shop operation here in town. I usually like to trade with the guy. He's funny to visit with anyway. A couple of months ago, I needed two steering tires on truck, but his place was shut down. Noticed he opened back yesterday, so stopped in today for a little tire work. He noticed the tires on my truck were a brand he doesn't sell. I said," yeah I cheated on ya while you were closed down. He volunteered that he gotten a no payback loan, and had been drawing unemployment as well (I didn't know self employed people could draw). He went on to say, that he had gotten bored at home, and decided to open back up. His story, not mine..........Did anybody know you could even do such a thing???????

Seems I did hear that with one of these new programs there was something like "self employed unemployment" but didn't pay any attention to the details.

My understanding is they where offering 10,000 dollar.forgivable loans to small business
You could use the money for anything, but if used for payroll to prevent laying off employees the loan becoming forgivable. Pretty good deal for a one man show I guess..

Yep. That's the way it worked. I'm self employed. I didn't apply for the PPP loan or for unemployment. I haven't missed a day of work so I didn't feel like I needed it. I'll gotten gains always bit me in the a$$ so I gave that up years ago. But most didn't feel like I did.