Paint Beefmaster Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

East Caney

Reaction score
I just thought I'd post this bull and get opinions. The white markings come up further on his right shoulder...anyway, opinions are appreciated.

DSCN3599.jpg

I take it that he is young and will gain a little more thickness? Nice feet and legs, clean sheath. I do not think he is too cow hocked. My wife thinks that his back slopes to much; while I think it not a problem for him or his daughters. Over all he is a nice bull.
Weigts and breeding?

Very fine specimen for a beefmaster, well muscled, very correct, masculine, outstanding sheath. Only slight negative is that he could have been slightly stronger over the top especially just behind the shoulders.

sooknortex":3dkp76vd said:
Hide color don't matter when the T-bone's on the platter!

It matters to me. I only eat red hided steaks. I will change when the market levels the playing field. For now, why pay for color in the form of a steak? Marbling? HAH! Plenty of good marbling in red hided steak. Market misconceptions lead to value windows than can be arbitraged in high volumes.

he is a fine looking bull.as said he could be alot thicker.but i think that will come with age an weight gain.

ANAZAZI":1e24qh7d said:
I take it that he is young and will gain a little more thickness? Nice feet and legs, clean sheath. I do not think he is too cow hocked. My wife thinks that his back slopes to much; while I think it not a problem for him or his daughters. Over all he is a nice bull.
Weights and breeding?

D.O.B. 3/1/07
Pictured: 1/22/09
Weight as of 2/18/09: 1516
ADG in group of 43 bulls: 99
WDA in group of 43 bulls: 99
Breeder: Salt Creek Beefmasters, Robert Lee, TX
Sire: Salt Creek 2/28 (Lasater genetics)

EC

Very good looking bull. Has lots of muscle, bone and depth of ribs. His sheath is about as good as it gets. A bull like that will work on any cows, in any kind of breeding program. Outstanding bull

Latest posts