Out house

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
Does anybody have an out house? Post some pictures if so?

I want an outdoor shower. That would be handy. I got on pinterest looking next thing I know I'm looking at outhouses. Now that would be cool to have an outdoor shower maybe to look like an outhouse. 😄

Chevy, I never realized until just now, you were in Ky. Not sure how that got past me. If I can remember, I will get a pick of my outhouse. We don't really use it. Have it for the girls to go number 1 in when they are outside. They just go in the house instead. BTW, you livin off grid?

Theres a non functional one on our place. I will try and get a picture. May be this weekend tho..

Fairmont, Oklahoma post office still has a fully functional outhouse in use to this day!
Quite modern tho...

Chevy said:

I want an outdoor shower. That would be handy. I got on pinterest looking next thing I know I'm looking at outhouses. Now that would be cool to have an outdoor shower maybe to look like an outhouse. 😄

I suppose you might want privacy. I think a claw foot bath tub on a slab with heated water and a privacy surround would be nice. You could have the shower on it or you could fill it and sock your cares away.

hurleyjd said:
Chevy said:

I suppose you might want privacy. I think a claw foot bath tub on a slab with heated water and a privacy surround would be nice. You could have the shower on it or you could fill it and sock your cares away.
That's a cool idea.

Chevy said:
hurleyjd said:
Chevy said:

That's a cool idea.
Face the tub to the west with a panel that can be opened. Lay in it and watch the sun go down and then after dark you can run into the house naked and no one will see you. If you are out in the country with no close neighbors then forget the surround privacy panels or curtains. Be aware mosquitoes.

hurleyjd said:
Chevy said:
hurleyjd said:
That's a cool idea.
Face the tub to the west with a panel that can be opened. Lay in it and watch the sun go down and then after dark you can run into the house naked and no one will see you. If you are out in the country with no close neighbors then forget the surround privacy panels or curtains. Be aware mosquitoes.

Haha not the neighbors we have to worry about more them Google cameras and such. 😅🤣😂😝

Outhouses are not uncommon in remote public parks and recreation areas. The smell of them is horrific from overuse, misuse and abuse.

We had a 2 seater but tore it down, it was in pretty bad shape. In hindsight should have left it. Had a crew working on the old barn & discovered their version of an outhouse was behind some stored bales of hay. Complete with the toilet paper they neglected to bury. Sooo gross, eweee!!

ga.prime said:
Outhouses are not uncommon in remote public parks and recreation areas. The smell of them is horrific from overuse, misuse and abuse.

I know of some country churches around here who still use outhouses.

TCRanch said:
We had a 2 seater but tore it down, it was in pretty bad shape. In hindsight should have left it. Had a crew working on the old barn & discovered their version of an outhouse was behind some stored bales of hay. Complete with the toilet paper they neglected to bury. Sooo gross, eweee!!

😅🤣😂😭 At least they kept it in one area and not piles all over your yard or field.
Something like that happened to my husband on a job expected he was the guy 💩 in a bucket. 😅🤣😂 They wouldn't get porta potty and was out in the middle of no where. The other guys just pooped outside all over wherever left toilet paper piles behind along with yep 💩🤢🤮
I'm laughing.... porta potty seems like the better option for that job. 👻 Well unless you like the poop piles kind of thing. Shaking my head. 😁😅🤣😂

Poop stories are always funnier when it's not you! 💩🤡😅🤣😂😭🙌🏾

Uncle was using this one as early as 10 years ago...
That's when the farmhouse was updated with indoor toilet. Indoor plumbing came long b4 that. He refused to do his business inside the house!

MurraysMutts said:

Uncle was using this one as early as 10 years ago...
That's when the farmhouse was updated with indoor toilet. Indoor plumbing came long b4 that. He refused to do his business inside the house!
That's neat. 👍🏽

Latest posts