Our New Herd Sire results are coming in

Help Support CattleToday:

thommoos

Reaction score
We have started accumulating how are 'Hope" of a Bull is working

Bulls are averageing without a creep (honestly) 2.99 lbs a day gain, weighed @ 174 days and 258 days. :banana:
hiefers are averaging 2.73 a day gain.

Considering the above do the readers of these board consider this average, below, above. Your thoughts please, to me this equates to above. DOWN HERE , SALE BARNED THAT WOULD COME TO 840 AN ANIMAL. at under 6 months of age.

I think people tend to inflate the weaning weights of their calves so these would be good weights when compared to some that are inflated. I would take a 3 lb/day weight gain. That would equate to about a 700 weaning weight ( approx. 80 birth wt+ 205 days x 3 lbs/day).Were the gains quoted the difference between the two weighing dates or at the end of the 174 day or the end of the 258 day period.

Were the gains quoted the difference between the two weighing dates or at the end of the 174 day or the end of the 258 day period.

Both one from one group that calved pre summer, one from one ggroup that calved late summer. We were trying him on a group of cows (8) first then a small group (4) of heifers 2nd, at the time he was 16s month old on first 19 on second he bred 8 in first batch and 4 in second, we bred him to nearly thirty this year.

Latest posts