Our new girl.

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Not the best pic, sorry. I took a few at the show but gadgets and me right now are not the best of buds.

Purchased her from the Wish list sale last Friday, she is a Garth daughter and bred to a JRI Star Buck son due to calve in Feb.

She now makes the herd open since 2006, big change. Hopefully she has a nice healthy calf with ears in tact in Feb and we can take the two of them to Farm Fair in the fall.

Btw all that snow is now gone and it is a big mucky mess everywhere.

This was my Christmas present from Mr HD, and some girls want diamonds ;-) :lol:

fitz":5q14qz2t said:
She looks great. He buys nice presents. Wishing you good luck with her calf.

fitz

Thanks Fitz! Yes he does give good gifts, they are few and far between but definitely worth it when you get one :tiphat:

HD-

This is an example of a top quality, top drawer beef heifer! Smooth throughout, optimum functional traits, (skeletal structure, femininity, level top line, legs on all four corners), and seemingly docile disposition. Heifers like this combine with "balanced" bulls of like EPD's and DNA pave the tough road to beef cattle success!

DOC HARRIS

Let me say again what a fine heifer she is. I am very happy for you and of course you know I think you got a fine fella there to buy her for you for Christmas.

Thank you all for the kind comments, she will fit in nicely with our herd.

Is/was she spoiled by her owner/breeder ,,, yep just a little as she will eat grain out of your hand like a horse does. :lol: Her personality reminds me of
Angel the 19 year old flush cow we lost last May, so if Miss Alright Gal is even half the gal that Angel was I will be very pleased.

I'd exchange her for a red model.. but she is very nice!

So you're getting some of what we got here? I swear we've had 3 or 4" of rain in the last 2 days, it's been pouring and pouring, we're in deep muck as well. I think it's been raining up to 6000 ft, it's 7C down here. I go to vancouver tomorrow and the roads are going to be some sort of ugly with rocks.

Hopefully she performs as good as she looks, and stays healthy.

Thank you ! Hubby really wanted this one red heifer, so did I. Thought we had it but there was a dispute with the ringmen about who had her and I let her go.

I went to the sale saying "NO MORE BLACK GV"s as they are taking over our herd and are really not very popular but then this gal came along and I kicked Mr Hd in the shin and said "hey this was the other gal that caught my eye"

There was also a really nice Astro daughter bred to Pop a Top which I should have grabbed too, but ...

Hopefully I can still keep my girls, will know on Tuesday just what the future will be for us here. I told him not to buy me anything as we don't know where things will stand but you know men. :roll: It also gives me hope too as I now have one more thing to plan for :heart:

DOC HARRIS":15gte6n4 said:
HD-

This is an example of a top quality, top drawer beef heifer! Smooth throughout, optimum functional traits, (skeletal structure, femininity, level top line, legs on all four corners), and seemingly docile disposition. Heifers like this combine with "balanced" bulls of like EPD's and DNA pave the tough road to beef cattle success!

DOC HARRIS

Thanks Doc, her EPD's are pretty good.
CDGV148201

That's a nice Christmas gift! Looked through the catalog and that Starbucks bull had some nice female offspring in the sale so hopefully that son of his will produce you a nice keeper heifer in February!

Latest posts