Our House

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild

Reaction score
Played some 10 and under softball today. We had a batting coach come in. He's got son's in the minors. He did a great job.

Anybody else got girls in softball?

He says he will retire on Sept. 1 of next year.

cattleluvr18":cs8px3di said:
hek yes i play softball. im a catcher...i mean you cant just let these muscles go to waste. :D

It's a great game. Hope you do well this season.

Wewild,

I've watched girls softball and am amazed at the pitcher's ability. I never was sports minded...altho I don't know why.

My mother was extremely athletic in her youth...tennis, swimming, basketball. Any my father played college football.

If there was one thing I think I could've played it is softball...most likely in the outfield... :oops:

Alice

Alice":3luku92n said:
...most likely in the outfield... :oops:

Alice

The game take 10 players on the field. I'm sure you would have done OK.

I coached two different teams to the state championship in fast pitch. We didn't win the nationals but it was a good experience. We've been to the state championships many times.

Daughters switched to basketball when they had to choose only one sport. Both tore their ACLs. One more than once and then had another surgery on her meniscus and went on to play college bball.

Wewild":1w5k4cke said:
Alice":1w5k4cke said:
...most likely in the outfield... :oops:

Alice

The game take 10 players on the field. I'm sure you would have done OK.
im pretty sure the game only takes 9 players...but your still right on one thing. somebody needs to play outfield. and just because its "outfield" doesnt mean that whoever is playing there sucks. the girls who play outfield on my team are actually really good at outfield, just like pitchers good at pitching or a 1st basemen is good at first base.

cattleluvr18":314iqtr7 said:
im pretty sure the game only takes 9 players...but your still right on one thing. somebody needs to play outfield. and just because its "outfield" doesnt mean that whoever is playing there sucks. the girls who play outfield on my team are actually really good at outfield, just like pitchers good at pitching or a 1st basemen is good at first base.

Hmmm .... We play with 10 girls.

Wewild":6rmc40cf said:
cattleluvr18":6rmc40cf said:

Hmmm .... We play with 10 girls.

Played slow pitch for 30 years before I got too fragile. Every league I ever played in you had ten players on the field, although you could play with as few as eight if you were short handed. Anything less than that you had to forfeit. Don't know about fast pitch.

cattleluvr18":2o3f3swp said:
oohh i see...i dont know but fast pitch plays with 9.

Dizzy Dean fast pitch allows 10 defensive players in the farm and minor leagues anyway.

I play! (church, 4-H, high school) Shortstop and one of the best batters on my team. I also coach the little kids on the under 6th grade 4-H team. (they just couldnt find an adult coach..)

Latest posts