• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Our first SimAngus calf by TJ Main Event

Help Support CattleToday:

jd720

Reaction score
We had our first calf by TJ Main Event bull calf last week out of a Pays to Believe X Grandmaster first calf heifer. She had this calf on her own. I think for a calving ease bull this calf is put together really well and has adequate bone which it seems you usually give up using a calving ease bull he`s 5 days old in this picture what`s your thoughts on him ?

OP
J

jd720

Reaction score
Bright Raven":36docaw4 said:
Very stout calf with nice form. I like the bone! Very nice calf at this age.

Thanks I`m looking forward to some calves out of mature cows by this bull this fall.

Franke

Reaction score
Nice stout calf. I’m not sure I would call main event a calving ease bull though.

Franke

Reaction score
I guess when I think of an upgrade son I don’t think calving ease but his numbers are better than I would have thought. Monster growth numbers too.

OP
J

jd720

Reaction score
Franke":3lmfeyly said:
I guess when I think of an upgrade son I don’t think calving ease but his numbers are better than I would have thought. Monster growth numbers too.

I have to agree with you on the Upgrade son part I was a little hesitant myself but I felt his numbers were good and he`s been used enough for good accuracy. Maybe we just got lucky but I`m probably going to use him again.

Franke

Reaction score
jd720":20j38mvn said:
Franke":20j38mvn said:

I have to agree with you on the Upgrade son part I was a little hesitant myself but I felt his numbers were good and he`s been used enough for good accuracy. Maybe we just got lucky but I`m probably going to use him again.

I’m glad whenever someone uses a bull and gets a live calf. Everyone works too hard in this industry to wish problems on others.

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
I like him enough to look up the sire! I am NOT an Upgrade fan - never have been - but I really like this calf and the sire looks real good.
+13 CE & -3 BW --- I would call a CE heifer bull. I don't want a dink out of my 2 yr olds.
Have not used any 1/2 bloods. Don't like Angus fine bones creeping into my herd, but he sure seems stout enough.
And the pedigree of the dam is great. Two sires I use. Keep us posted with more calf pictures.

Son of Butch

Reaction score
jd720":3i4su308 said:
We had our first calf by TJ Main Event bull calf last week out of a Pays to Believe X Grandmaster first calf heifer.
he`s 5 days old in this picture what`s your thoughts on him ?
He looks like he's a smug little bxstxtd and thinks he was born with a sense of entitlement to his nuts.
just saying........