Our first SimAngus calf by TJ Main Event

Help Support CattleToday:

jd720

Reaction score
We had our first calf by TJ Main Event bull calf last week out of a Pays to Believe X Grandmaster first calf heifer. She had this calf on her own. I think for a calving ease bull this calf is put together really well and has adequate bone which it seems you usually give up using a calving ease bull he`s 5 days old in this picture what`s your thoughts on him ?

Bright Raven":36docaw4 said:
Very stout calf with nice form. I like the bone! Very nice calf at this age.

Thanks I`m looking forward to some calves out of mature cows by this bull this fall.

Nice stout calf. I'm not sure I would call main event a calving ease bull though.

I guess when I think of an upgrade son I don't think calving ease but his numbers are better than I would have thought. Monster growth numbers too.

Franke":3lmfeyly said:
I guess when I think of an upgrade son I don't think calving ease but his numbers are better than I would have thought. Monster growth numbers too.

I have to agree with you on the Upgrade son part I was a little hesitant myself but I felt his numbers were good and he`s been used enough for good accuracy. Maybe we just got lucky but I`m probably going to use him again.

jd720":20j38mvn said:
Franke":20j38mvn said:

I have to agree with you on the Upgrade son part I was a little hesitant myself but I felt his numbers were good and he`s been used enough for good accuracy. Maybe we just got lucky but I`m probably going to use him again.

I'm glad whenever someone uses a bull and gets a live calf. Everyone works too hard in this industry to wish problems on others.

I like him enough to look up the sire! I am NOT an Upgrade fan - never have been - but I really like this calf and the sire looks real good.
+13 CE & -3 BW --- I would call a CE heifer bull. I don't want a dink out of my 2 yr olds.
Have not used any 1/2 bloods. Don't like Angus fine bones creeping into my herd, but he sure seems stout enough.
And the pedigree of the dam is great. Two sires I use. Keep us posted with more calf pictures.

jd720":3i4su308 said:
We had our first calf by TJ Main Event bull calf last week out of a Pays to Believe X Grandmaster first calf heifer.
he`s 5 days old in this picture what`s your thoughts on him ?
He looks like he's a smug little bxstxtd and thinks he was born with a sense of entitlement to his nuts.
just saying........

Latest posts