Our first litter!

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
Well, I did it. After several years of debating, I bred my best friend, my Corgi, Penny. Penny is 3 years old, works the cows with me every day, and sleeps in our bed at night. She is more than a dog to us. So many people asked us to breed her, she is small in type and is just pretty. So, we took the plunge and did it. We had a very cute litter of 6 puppies, 5 females and one male, on May 11th. We actually had 7, but one was born dead and we could not revive it.
Anyway, it has been a very fun adventure. They are now almost 7 weeks, paper trained, and chase you all over the yard when we let them outside to play. They have been raised in our house, in our utility room. The breeder got choice, and I have sold three others already (they are all flying from MO to CA), but they can not fly until they are 8 weeks so I have them for another week. I have just two left, and if I do not get them sold I am OK with that, since they are just the greatest dog ever! Here are some pictures...
1010163_10200692065415642_1871332245_n.jpg

The entire litter!
IMG_9035.JPG

the two left to sell still
IMG_8800.JPG

I just love the way a Corgi sleeps! Starts early in life :)
ariel_624c.jpg

She wants Levi to play, but he is not sure what to do with her!
IMG_9112.JPG

Got to watch them closely! They like to get into trouble!!!
IMG_3805.jpg

This is Penny, their mom. She actually says "I love you" for a treat!
IMG_3971.jpg

IMG_4347.jpg

Most awesome dog I have ever owned...
That is all. I hope you enjoyed...

Their mom has been a fantastic mother! We had to wean her this week, she got so drawn down. But since we do not have a ton of dogs, I buy the good food for them and her, Nutro Puppy Ultra. It is $55 a 30 pound sack, but they have very little stool with it, so easier to clean their room. :nod:
Plus, with my daughter working at the dairy, she brings me home raw cows milk and I add a little of that to their food, they love it :banana:
I sure hope their new owners will love them as much as we do. The ones going to California are going to family or friends of family, so I am sure they will be fine.

I think if more people knew about corgis you wouldn't be able to beat people off of those pups. They don't travel well enough to replace a border collie on the big ranches but for small places they're maybe even a little better.

dun":1ujt0370 said:
If they were Cardigans I would be rapping on your door.

Not many people breed Cardigans that I know of. Is the only difference that Cardigans have a tail? They look very similar, but I have no experience with them.
I agree CP. She is my shadow, but never in my way. Where ever I go, she goes. She goes to the shows with us, and is always there to lend a hand. She goes out with me to bring a cow in to AI or treat, and all I have to do is give her the cue and she gets the cow in line. But our place is small compared to others, and they do not have the energy that a border collie does, but for me that is good! She is happy laying at my feet or checking cows, as long as she is with me.

Our Corgi is the same. She is the boss dog, over the two big Auzzies and the Westie! Fun personality.
We sold another puppy last night, so just down the the sable female with minimal white. She is the cutest one in the group! But I guess people like a lot of white on the collar. Personality is more important to me than color, but I can see the draw to the white.
Like I said, this has been fun, but I do not see how people can be big breeders with lots of dogs! They sure are a lot of work!

Latest posts