Our Fall Newsletter

Help Support CattleToday:

Good job on the news letter. And once again animals that put me to calculating the mileage to North Dakota....

Why aren't you in Sheridan this week with your hand in the air?

I would be in Sheridan, but yesterday was my sons first day of Kindergarten. Some things are just more important.

The 1100 lb cow vs 1400 lb cow article was one of the best written most well thought out article on this subject I have ever seen.
It thought about extra labor, extra replacements, extra bulls that all figure in the deal. The tidbit about the loss of premium was insightful too.

Thanks for sharing that with us.

jscunn":32yr0w91 said:
The 1100 lb cow vs 1400 lb cow article was one of the best written most well thought out article on this subject I have ever seen.
It thought about extra labor, extra replacements, extra bulls that all figure in the deal. The tidbit about the loss of premium was insightful too.

Thanks for sharing that with us.

Thanks!

I decided to write it as I am tired of hearing about how the ONLY way to go is by having a smaller made cow. I always thought that wasn't accurate so I decided to sit down and do some research and figure it out. But one has to remember that your environment will dictate to you what size cow you should run. If that is 1100 lbs then that is probably what you should run. In our environment, the 1350 lbs cow is what thrives the best for us.

BRG":np7ibtwv said:
I would be in Sheridan, but yesterday was my sons first day of Kindergarten. Some things are just more important.

You are right. There are some things which are much more important.

Dave":9kj812ia said:
BRG":9kj812ia said:

You are right. There are some things which are much more important.

Instead of being in Sheridan with my hand in the air. I have been in the office on the phone bidding. We have had 2 customers sell so far, and 1 more to go today, and so far I have placed the first 2 groups of calves. A customer in WI sold a load of steers weighing 530 lbs and we got them for a KS feeder at $1.80 and then Wednesday a NE customer sold 535 lbs steers for $1.90. Same feeder got those. Its been a great week for ranchers who sold on Superior and Northern Video.

Latest posts