OUCH

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle

Reaction score
I went to pick up a 3 tons of grain today, OUCH. it went from 160 a ton to 218 a ton.WOW. They should bring it, feed it, and give me an extra couple lbs of gain per day for that. on top of the feed going up 30-40% the calve prices around hear have dropped pretty good. no grass, low prices, high hay prices, ridiculuos grain prices, just like the old days. anybody seen grain prices this sharp in your neck of the woods.

Grain prices are going through the roof here. Barley's gone down a bit though.

Good thing is, Dad sold a truckload of canola!! :D

prices seem to be holding steady here in central virginia....paying the same i did in june/july....we have a deal with the co op here where we pre order by the ton and pay a set low price right through the winter....if the price drops below the order price, we get the lower of the two. not a bad deal....try your co op, maybe they have a program like that.

plbcattle":3tc5p9ts said:
I went to pick up a 3 tons of grain today, OUCH. it went from 160 a ton to 218 a ton.WOW. They should bring it, feed it, and give me an extra couple lbs of gain per day for that. on top of the feed going up 30-40% the calve prices around hear have dropped pretty good. no grass, low prices, high hay prices, ridiculuos grain prices, just like the old days. anybody seen grain prices this sharp in your neck of the woods.

I just checked on the price for 20% breeders cubes.
They are $200 per ton if you book 5 ton or more, You buy and pay for what you want for the winter, and pick them up as needed.
I think they were $195 per ton last year.

With corn being up a 1.30 a bushel since last year at this time (Heck, Corn was 1.60 off th farm some of last year locally and it is more than 3 bucks now so it is rapidly approaching doubling of last years prices) any corn based ration is going to be up. Even the Distillers Grain and Gluten byproducts from the plants are way up this year over last.. Could get real ugly next year if their is a drought scare or a real late planting over much of the corn belt..

Wheat is up, don't know about Barley and Oats right now... Am dreading ym first big feed bill from the elevator... I think I am 32 tons right now.. At least I owned the corn portion of that in banked grain from last year...

Latest posts