Just that easy... ouch!

Help Support CattleToday:

It's ok Alan. Sir Loin is from the same state as Crowder. That sort of explains things. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sir Loin":1j8v9g79 said:
Have you boys never heard of Aspirins?
All you need to do is put 1 aspirin per 100 lbs in its feed or 5 gal. of water and within an hour your problem is solved.
SL

I went to the medicine cabinet and got out the aspirin, looked on the back of the bottle and read the USES portion of the label. There were 8 things it said it could help with, but none of them were "Helps calm down cattle". Of course it's only the generic, maybe if it were a name brand? :)

Hey Alan - now that you have all of this good 1st hand experience maybe you can come my way and help me. I've got to round up the Crazy cow (no doubts down here -She's crazy) about the middle of May and take her to the Salebarn. Bring your bent gate, (since it's already bent we'll just use yours) and your high-tech rabbit trap technology and you can participate in another rodeo.

Cuz

CUZ, after he gets yours loaded send him on down. He may as well get mine too. It will save me money running her into the ground with the Jeep or tractor. :lol:

flaboy? - Do you want him to bring his already bent-up gate or do you plan to just get yours bent too? We may have discovered a new career for Alan, he was probably about out of stuff to do. :)

Cuz

Alan":272jv0oy said:
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, I'm completly lost also.... I'm assume it will help the crazy cows calm down????????? Sounds a little like BS, but I'm the guy hiding behind my truck to wait for a crazy cow so I can spring the rabbit trap.

Alan

I was responding to what aspirin do, not that its's a cure for a nutty cow.

dun

CUZ":3f7ykale said:
flaboy? - Do you want him to bring his already bent-up gate or do you plan to just get yours bent too? We may have discovered a new career for Alan, he was probably about out of stuff to do. :)

Cuz

Yeah, he may as well bring that gate along. It is probably in better shpae than most of mine. :shock:

If you turn that bent gate around and have the cow hit on the other side it might come out straight. On the other hand it might still be bent.
I have several of those kind of gates. I always thought that if I hooked them together they would make a round bale feeder. I have one that a bull stuck his head through that is not only U shaped there is also plenty of space between the rails.
There is a certain satisfaction watching those kind of cows go through the sale.

My wife told me tht I can call myself a "big cattleman" now..... I have a big enough belly to be heavy enough to bend the gate back.

Alan

Dave":1cplbjoq said:
If you turn that bent gate around and have the cow hit on the other side it might come out straight. On the other hand it might still be bent.
I have several of those kind of gates. I always thought that if I hooked them together they would make a round bale feeder. I have one that a bull stuck his head through that is not only U shaped there is also plenty of space between the rails.
There is a certain satisfaction watching those kind of cows go through the sale.

Dave, if your luck runs like mine seems to run when they hit the bent gate, instead of straightening it back out, the gate just winds up being S shaped. And I totally agree about the satisfaction of watching some of them go through the sale.

Cuz

CUZ,
I agree it would wind up S shaped and what do you do with an S shaped gate. A couple C or U shaped ones will make a round bale feeder but those S shaped ones never fit together.
Dave

Latest posts