OSHA Regs and Ammunition

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
Proposed "Safety" Regulations Would Dry Up Ammunition Sales

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has proposed new rules that would have a dramatic effect on the storage and transportation of ammunition and handloading components such as primers or black and smokeless powder. The proposed rule indiscriminately treats ammunition, powder and primers as "explosives." Among many other provisions, the proposed rule would:
Prohibit possession of firearms in commercial "facilities containing explosives"—an obvious problem for your local gun store.
Prohibit delivery drivers from leaving explosives unattended—which would make it impossible for delivery services such as UPS to deliver ammunition or gun powder.
Require evacuation of all "facilities containing explosives"—even your local Wal-Mart—during any electrical storm.
Prohibit smoking within 50 feet of "facilities containing explosives."
It's important to remember this is only a proposed rule right now, so there's still time for concerned citizens to speak out before OSHA issues its final rule. The National Rifle Association, National Shooting Sports Foundation, and Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Association will all be commenting on these proposed regulations, based on the severe effect these regulations (if finalized) would have on the availability of ammunition and reloading supplies to safe and responsible shooters.

The public comment period ends July 12. To file your own comment, or to learn more about the OSHA proposal, go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket Number OSHA-2007-0032"; you can read OSHA's proposal and learn how to submit comments electronically, or by fax or mail.

Sounds like a flanking move on gun ownership rights. The laws aren't the big thing these days its the regulations these agencies make that really hurts you.

Can't you see? OSHA is only trying to help. What with all the exploding gun shops and sporting goods departments it won't be long before they're all gone if they don't do something, fast!

TAMARACKREG":356rug2k said:
Can't you see? OSHA is only trying to help. What with all the exploding gun shops and sporting goods departments it won't be long before they're all gone if they don't do something, fast!

Yes. Wouldn't the world be wonderful if all ammunition were the NON-explosive type?

Has smokeless powder been found to cause cancer in California yet? I actually read the directions to a trickle charger today and found a warning that the plastic on the plug and the charger wires have been found to cause cancer in California. Maybe if more of them would start eating meat their kids wouldn't go chewing on the wires and such. JMO

Brute 23":2r9hh0bs said:
That will never pass...

We could be feeding the homeless or paying teachers more but instead we have to pay ellected officials to even condsider this junk. :x

this is simply an administrative regulation.

If unchallenged it does not have to pass any thing. That is the insidious part of all this.

pdfangus":1dm05ign said:
Brute 23":1dm05ign said:
That will never pass...

We could be feeding the homeless or paying teachers more but instead we have to pay ellected officials to even condsider this junk. :x

this is simply an administrative regulation.

If unchallenged it does not have to pass any thing. That is the insidious part of all this.

Your exactly right. This is where some agencies get their true power. These Reg's don't have to meet the approval of the voters or the legislature. Sometimes, the regs only exist in the mind of the agency representative cause they think "it ought to be a regulation". :mad:

It pays for you to keep abreast of the laws and the true regulations. Also, if you have a friend that works for the gov't, ask for a copy of their phone book. This is a wonderful thing to have.

well duh.... You mean my congressman does not answer his phone either.

but the people who do read them keep track of comments pro and con.

If we just sit idly by and let the regulators run the country then we don't have a right to complain.

I at least have time to type a message and send it to voice my opinion. If they dont' like my opinion or ignore my opinion then I have the right to howl like a wounded coyote.

Brute 23":15erwbu8 said:
pdfangus":15erwbu8 said:
here is a web site that makes it easy to contact your congressional rep or senator.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/

send em a note giving your opinion.

Its a waste of time... they don't read them. They have their interns read and respond to them. :(

The glass is half-empty, huh?

I believe you are dead wrong about this. My Senators, both Shelby and Sessions has contacted me personally on matters that I bitched about.

The people sure let their thoughts be known on the recent Immigration Bill....................

SOMETHING worked!

MikeC":22z44aa3 said:
Brute 23":22z44aa3 said:
pdfangus":22z44aa3 said:
here is a web site that makes it easy to contact your congressional rep or senator.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/

send em a note giving your opinion.

Its a waste of time... they don't read them. They have their interns read and respond to them. :(

The glass is half-empty, huh?

I believe you are dead wrong about this. My Senators, both Shelby and Sessions has contacted me personally on matters that I bitched about.

The people sure let their thoughts be known on the recent Immigration Bill....................

SOMETHING worked!

When you mean personally,, did you actually talk to her?

That is good to hear. Show your support and re-elect her.

I have two friends who work for Texas senators and it is flat out a disgrace the things they do.

They get interns to answer e-mails, write letters, and all kinds of stuff.

Half the time they don't even know what they are voting on or even anything about the topic really.

Don't be fooled. The only reason the immigration stuff will not pass is because the pro-immigration people don't have any big $$$ backing them.

Latest posts