walmart ammunition

Help Support CattleToday:

bball said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
It amazes me that Wal-Mart continues to be the number one retailer in the world when nobody will admit to shopping there.

If we have learned anything here at CT, it is members here do not typically represent the masses on some topics.

Does that mean we're on the fringe of society?

TennesseeTuxedo said:
bball said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
It amazes me that Wal-Mart continues to be the number one retailer in the world when nobody will admit to shopping there.

If we have learned anything here at CT, it is members here do not typically represent the masses on some topics.

Does that mean we're on the fringe of society?

Fringe? Perhaps...in the minority, certainly.

TennesseeTuxedo said:

Your post got me to looking...as of May 2019, looks like Amazon is top dog.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurendebter/2019/05/15/worlds-largest-retailers-2019-amazon-walmart-alibaba/

bball said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurendebter/2019/05/15/worlds-largest-retailers-2019-amazon-walmart-alibaba/

I was referring to retailers who actually maintain brick and mortar stores in the communities they serve hiring local folks to work there as opposed to faceless online marketing monopolies who until recently skirted paying taxes in the states they sold their wares.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
bball said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

I was referring to retailers who actually maintain brick and mortar stores in the communities they serve hiring local folks to work there as opposed to faceless online marketing monopolies who until recently skirted paying taxes in the states they sold their wares.

I see my friend. You're definitely on the fringe with that line of thinking. "Brick and mortar" stores is such a stone aged line of thinking nowadays. We live in the era of cyberspace! ;-)
Seriously though, Wal mart is getting and will continue to get what they deserve. It's the natural economic cycle of things. Wal mart killed mom and pop shops across this nation(grocers, hardware, clothing, sporting goods) and now, Amazon will do to them, that which they did to others. People heralded Wal-Mart coming to their community. Now, we fickle people herald Amazon Prime. Most do not consider the overall impact on their local economies. Instead of building Wal marts, we should have kept production of the products Wal mart peddles in these local communities instead of sending it to China, Mexico, Bangladesh and everywhere else that produces our goods for us on the low down dirt cheap.

bball said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
bball said:

I see my friend. You're definitely on the fringe with that line of thinking. "Brick and mortar" stores is such a stone aged line of thinking nowadays. We live in the era of cyberspace! ;-)
Seriously though, Wal mart is getting and will continue to get what they deserve. It's the natural economic cycle of things. Wal mart killed mom and pop shops across this nation(grocers, hardware, clothing, sporting goods) and now, Amazon will do to them, that which they did to others. People heralded Wal-Mart coming to their community. Now, we fickle people herald Amazon Prime. Most do not consider the overall impact on their local economies. Instead of building Wal marts, we should have kept production of the products Wal mart peddles in these local communities instead of sending it to China, Mexico, Bangladesh and everywhere else that produces our goods for us on the low down dirt cheap.

Walmart is doing a pretty good job of online merchandising as well. I think they'll be just fine.

I don't and won't do business with Bezos.

Wal mart, Amazon, etc are simply glaring examples of the overall economic problem impacting our nation. Essentially, every aspect of industry and service has adopted this model. Go big or get out. It's everywhere. Agriculture, Healthcare, Retail, Communication, Manufacturing. All you have to do is drive down Main St in most small, rural towns and you will see the impact- closed up shops, empty, once successful businesses. The big dogs take all the pie and there arent enough crumbs left for anyone else to eek out a successful living. Its great though because the corporate elite are billionaires, their stockholders are making a profit; meanwhile, many small communities perish in the wake.
The impact of the giant business models are economically devastating locally.
And then we want to bytch about the the youngsters being lazy, thieving, drug addicts in the rural communities? What are they supposed to do? There are very limited opportunities in most small communities.
Most people don't want to consider the impact, financially, these goliaths have locally. It's an extremely vicious, devastating cycle with significant consequences that ripple out into the pond we all live in.

Hardin Farms said:
Considering alcohol kills an estimated 88,000 people a year and guns account for around 15,000 a year excluding suicide, i think its hypocritical and counter productive. If we were really concerned with dropping the amount of people killed each year, we would hear more people talking about tobacco, alcohol and getting kids active again... It's time to start shopping at the local grocery store again!

I have brought that up before but people dont like you talking about their alcohol.

Latest posts