Organizing receipts for taxes

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett":26ihb6zu said:
Chocolate Cow":26ihb6zu said:
I have used Quicken for years. It categorizes everything. I print my schedules off and take to my accountant. I've used the same accountant for many years. Recently, he sent a letter to all his clients that seemed a little troubling. It said he would continue to do individual taxes but wasn't responsible for information given to him. If you got into trouble with the IRS-he would represent you at his regular hourly fee-with no guarantee of the outcome. It was a 2 page liability disclaimer. Sorta makes him a more expensive version of H & R Block.

Well your accountant isn't doing the accounting. Hasn't seen the bills or income. Just filling forms with information provided so that does make him a glorified H&R.

Yeah. I know. It's a reality check when it's on paper in front of you and you're supposed to sign and return.

M-5":jd732pyn said:
this is the first year that I have not had to spend hours doing my receipts, I downloaded an app that I just take a picture and it uploads it. a few minutes each month to make sure the values are correct and no errors and I done. I printed the report last week and everything is categorized and copies of receipts are also there so no need for hard copies anymore unless your just anal retentive like I am. cost about 60 bucks a year bit it is a legitimate business expense.
M-5 where have you been so long?

kenny thomas":117yemn3 said:
M-5":117yemn3 said:
this is the first year that I have not had to spend hours doing my receipts, I downloaded an app that I just take a picture and it uploads it. a few minutes each month to make sure the values are correct and no errors and I done. I printed the report last week and everything is categorized and copies of receipts are also there so no need for hard copies anymore unless your just anal retentive like I am. cost about 60 bucks a year bit it is a legitimate business expense.
Got some bad shine and had a heck of a hang over

M-5":2pre3kne said:
kenny thomas":2pre3kne said:
M-5":2pre3kne said:
Been there. :help:

M-5":fikikl5a said:
kenny thomas":fikikl5a said:
M-5":fikikl5a said:
There is bad shine?

I take care of the books where I work. So am in no mood to do the same thing at home.
So I'm in the category of going full panic about April 10. Digging under truck seat,drawers etc

M-5":qwm1eoo6 said:
Expensify has a trial period. I tried 3 different apps at one time and liked it best.

I downloaded the app and it didn't say anything about it not being free or just a trail?

pricefarm":5r1nq1hj said:
M-5":5r1nq1hj said:
Expensify has a trial period. I tried 3 different apps at one time and liked it best.

I downloaded the app and it didn't say anything about it not being free or just a trail?

Dah will know more, but it appears that is free for an individual. Not sure what the catch is.

I set up an Excel spreadsheet with row and column check. I'll enter the receipts once or twice a month, when the stack gets high enough to fool with. I've saved this years on a thumb drive already, and will print off copies to send to the tax guy when the time comes.

Latest posts