Opinions

Help Support CattleToday:

Excellent pedigrees on both heifers and great epd's & indexes. The 822 Joker heifer has slightly better growth numbers, and not quite as good calving, but not enough difference to make a choice of "either/or".
Do you know what they weigh or what frame they are??
If they are on target in growth, they look like great purchases.

Thanks for the post Jeane. The heifers both weigh about 800, the one is just a bit heavier. My brother called and bought them last night, so I'll get some pics when they are delivered. As I said, I forgot my camera satuday, and it was raining anyway, so they wouldn't have looked too great.

You can't go wrong with Joker progeny. I love those cows! The Goldmine on the topside of the first heifer is a plus too.. what I've seen of Goldmine's calves, they're good ones.

The second heifer is a great cross. I've got a bull calf out of a Joker son and a 600U cow that is really, really nice.

Sounds like he picked a couple of nice ones! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Did he get them at a sale?

He is getting them from the same guy he bought his bull from last yr this time.

At the risk of getting blasted for experimenting with some linebreeding. He is going to breed these heifers to his bull which is double bred Lucky Buck 7049C and double bred 600U. That would make one of the offspring double bred Lucky Buck and triple bred 600U. And the other offspring would be double bred 600U and triple bred 7049C. Any comments on this mating?

Latest posts