opinions on sitz alliance and his sons????

Help Support CattleToday:

farmerD44

Reaction score
hey all, was just wondering what your opinions are of this sire and any sons of his u have seen? We found a coming 2 year old son of his nearby for sale that looks pretty good. Very large scrotal size and good heavy muscle. he dwarfed the future direction son he was standing next to at the feed bunk. He is apparently a very popular sire at #8 for national registrations in 2004.

Dan.

This would be 6595, well, he has sired some really impressive bulls that have sold very well. I haven't seen any of his daughters before, but 6595 is another elite Angus bull in the Angus breed.

I bought a grandson of 6595 last year who is now a 2 yr old and now I am getting a few calves out of him and I am tickled with the calves that I have.They seem to be some really great calves.

Our bull in out of 6595, he is 2 now. Waiting to see what kind of calves we get out of him. Bull seems to have a nice temperment, and is maturing nicely. First calf we got out of him was to a heifer and it was still born, weighed 52#. I'm also curious to see what everyone has to say about it.

We have used Sitz Alliance 6595 for several years and have daughters in production.

Sons - big testicles, plenty of performance, adequate muscle, plenty of body capacity

daughters - lots of volume, lots of milk, teats may be a little long but not a problem, excellent mother cows

He will leave some white. Alliance is a breed improver and one of the best all around bulls in the breed. Many sons are now coming to the forefront of the breed. We have used K C F Bennet Coalition for one.

We have seen what Seth reported . Very Scrotal , fast maturing , lots of volume , as good a temperment as I have ever witnessed. Solid package. Will throw a little white. They sell well around here. Does't have the great carcass #'s so is not considered a "designer" bull for flushing to , but definately the cowman's kind and straws are still $18-20.

Is his semen still available???? I had heard that he died recently???

Well we bought the bull and i think it will be a good one- especially after reading what u all have wrote and doing more research on the net. I haven't found anyone that has said anything bad about him or his offspring.

Dan.

and i won't be able to post any pics till he is delivered in april since i forgot the darn camera , as usual :roll:

The best cows that I saw at the Snyder Bros. Mature Cowherd Dispersal in Nebraska (Nov. 2004) were Sitz Alliance daughters. They seemed to all have good udders, and the thing that stuck out to me were their very wide hips. They seemed to have ample volume, and were just nice, wedged shaped cows!

Just like Seth said the Alliance cattle are making the breed better than worse.

Sons aren't heavy muscled, average muscle mostly but they feed well and daughters are pretty good, easy doing and will come in with excellent flesh as two year olds.

The downfall of Alliance would be sometimes you will see some buckets (skull) that are are little different, but certainly nothing to worry of and it's not the normal.

Secondly, make sure the cows you use him on are well structured on their hind legs. Alliance will leave them narrow tracking. Certainly this is pro ably the main visible weakness on the Alliance cattle.

But they are well worth it as far as genetic contribution.

Latest posts