Opinions on my new bull

Help Support CattleToday:

El_Putzo

Reaction score
Not the best pics in the world, but......

11U-Dec20-1.jpg

11U-Dec20-2.jpg

11U-Dec20-Rear.jpg

I believe I would have somebody come out and do some AI work with some good bulls. :nod:

Herefords.US":3mkystj0 said:
Nice try! :clap: :clap: :clap: :dunce:

George

You're killin me, George!! Give me something constructive.

As for AI work, you got me on that one, I AI everything myself, so this guy won't see any action here. BTW he is AI sired, by one of the best carcass bulls in the breed. Perfect by no means, but potential to make someone's black herd more profitable....I think so.

Have you bred him or bought him? Who is his sire? If you have the dam, why not take a few pics of her and post that as well.

El Putzo - welcome back. (at least I haven't seen you posting lately)
This bull may have some faults (ALL of them do), but he is far from being dog meat. He could improve many commercial herd (even some PB sorry to say).
How old is he? Do you have a weight on him?

El_Putzo":1c9rg3a4 said:
Herefords.US":1c9rg3a4 said:

George

As for AI work, you got me on that one, I AI everything myself, so this guy won't see any action here. BTW he is AI sired, by one of the best carcass bulls in the breed. Perfect by no means, but potential to make someone's black herd more profitable....I think so.

OK, something constructive! He's the same bull that you've posted two threads on in the past and got hammered on pretty hard. With age and feed, he has shown the improvement that I expected - more masculinity, etc. but he's still far from being "great"! He should sire some good milking maternal daughters, but that's probably where his usefulness as a herd bull ends.

Prior pictures that you've posted of him:
11U.jpg

11ULeftSide.jpg

George

He's a fair piece better than most of the herefords "bulls" that are posted on here. Sure he needs some lower quarter but for the most part a bull that has some value to a commercial man. He's far from the fluff and puffed narrow made feminine bulls that most of the herefords a person sees around are.

:shock: Are you guys kidding. The only thing I think this bulls could improve at my place would be Friday night Fajitas and saturday night Hamburgers. I dont think he could get close to helping on Tender Loin Tuesdays. Sorry but the only thing he might bring to a cow herd is a live calf. Then again I see no testicles so I wonder if he will even do that. No bone, small body, no depth, lack of muscle expression, lack of masculinity and out of balance. Too straight fronted and bucks over on his front knees. :lol2:

El_Putzo":3oire0p8 said:
Herefords.US":3oire0p8 said:

George

which one is that?

Jeanne - Simme Valley":363njzrt said:
El Putzo - welcome back. (at least I haven't seen you posting lately)
This bull may have some faults (ALL of them do), but he is far from being dog meat. He could improve many commercial herd (even some PB sorry to say).
How old is he? Do you have a weight on him?

Thank you for your comments, Jeanne. I still lurk from time to time, but dont' have much time to post. Your thoughts seem to be the same as mine. Perfect....far from it. He is 15 months right now and I haven't weighed him recently. According to his yearling weight and the way he was growing prior, he should weigh about 1300. He was developed from weanling to yearling on a 12% ration fed at about 1.5% of his bodyweight. The rest of his diet consisted of fescue pasture. Since Yearling, he has now been cut back to 10 lbs of the same ration along with free choice grass hay and whatever fescue he can still find.

Latest posts