One or Two?

Help Support CattleToday:

@Josher What are you thinking? Twins? Triplets? Been a few of those on this site, this year. A large single? 😂or are you just white knuckling it…
I really don't know. Probably just one calf. But she does have a good size belly. Been looking more at the right side now thanks to someone here.
When we had some Herefords here we had 10% of them had twins. The next year was again close to 10% just under. So I watch for it a little more. We did have a set of triplets one of those years. Two died and had one lived, kinda malnourished looking calf. Much prefer just one strong healthy calf.

I've had quite a few sets of twins down through the years, thanks to the Simmental is my theory. Never could tell beforehand but one sticks out in my memory. Her reproductive parts swelled to an enormous size before calving, far more than the normal swelling they will have. Probably coincidence, but it was impressive.

I vote one. She has a really good spring of ribs and just a lot of capacity and those girls that have that huge round barrel will fool you. Then after she has it, they still look pregnant. I remember thinking they are going to walk off and have another. So much room for grass and baby. She looks like a nice one.

Nothing yet. I'm terrible with guessing how far away from calving but I'd guess still another week. We are really getting calves now. Had a heifer calve this morning but she didn't like her calf and is obsessed with a week old calf. So she'll get locked up till she comes to her senses.

Nothing yet. I'm terrible with guessing how far away from calving but I'd guess still another week. We are really getting calves now. Had a heifer calve this morning but she didn't like her calf and is obsessed with a week old calf. So she'll get locked up till she comes to her senses.
Our commercials are going to town too. We also had a heifer calve this morning and she was unsure of the whole deal so baby got bottle and mama and calf got locked in a pen. Tonight when I got home babe was nursing and mama seemed fine with the deal, not totally sold but certainly on the road to success. Will leave them one more day to cement the deal before we turn them out.😊

Last year we had two cows calving simultaneously on the same straw pack and they ended up swapping kids😳 We gave up trying to convince them otherwise. Well good luck and I will be sure to check back!

Ya she's not getting anywhere in close to an hour so I think we are gonna have to go ahead and pull it. If the calf is from Resource will be close to 2 weeks over due by now.

And here it is. One whopper bull calf. Forgot to stick my arm to look for another but I'm quite sure there is room for only one of these. Biggest calf I've had for a long time. I'd like to see how much it weighs yet. View attachment 43523
Lithuanianfamer would be jealous of that one !

Latest posts