One More Thing I Didn't Know

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred

Reaction score
Pretty Awsome!!!

Many people may have forgot about his time in the U.S.Army. He is the son of an Air Force General, and a accomplished Golden Gloves boxer, and he graduated from Pomona College with a B.S. degree, and then became a Rhodes Scholar from Oxford University.

He joined the U.S. Army at the prompting of his father. After graduating from Officer Candidate School he attended and graduated from both Army Airborne and Ranger training in the very top of each class. He was selected for U. S.Army Special Forces Training but refused so that he could attend pilot training where he earned his wings, and became an accomplished U.S. Army helicopter (gun ship) pilot, and achieved the rank of Captain.

He was about to be promoted to the rank of Major, and appointed to teach at West Point when he resigned his commission from the Army to go into music and acting. You can tell in this video that his time in the military means a lot to him. I won't give away who it is. You should just watch. I bet you will be surprised!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU-A7eqa ... re=related

WOW! That just blew me away, I never ever suspected that, nor the military history of the guy doing the intro. I have always liked them both, but my respect level just went up 1000% for the man you speak of! Great post thanks!

Alan

ALACOWMAN":38k1ztos said:
good video,,, even with that crazy sum bit%$ Gary Busey in it :cowboy:

I was thinking the same thing Ala, they could have skipped GB. :roll:

Great post TB ! :clap:

Busey is a joke if you ask me. But no one did.
Willie is typical of alot of vets from that era just more outspoken. Christopherson is a stand up guy as far as I know

Latest posts