Old sires in the tank. JUNEAU , EXT, Right Time

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
The local semen rep needed some hay. So we traded for some straws 5 EXT, 4 female sorted Bismark, 3 OCC Juneau, 4 Leachman Right Time and a couple Wulffs Ext. Any opinions on the bulls ?

I have wondered how the Wulff bull would work. Pricy to buy but I have seen a few daughters that seemed useful. Never saw a son - wonder if that is due to SC EPD. RT will sire too much hair here - more of a heavy fuzz. But he sets a type in daughters that I can see ASAP. Quite attractive females. He will work here at 25%. Don't need excitement so I'll skip EXT, no idea on Bismark but not going to look about it and don't need 99% of the OCC influence here for FS reasons.

I like EXT. He made some good doing females. There's a lot of Bismark genetics in our cow herd. They are great uddered females with staying power.

Wow! I'd take all of those to make females, but I doubt I could afford any of it. If I traded for a tank, it would probably contain nothing but defect carriers and bulls that we all forgot after their first calf crop

Latest posts