Ok ladies and men, need some help! How do I get my wife to.

Help Support CattleToday:

How about finding that thing that you can't seem to remember to do that bugs her no end. Then both of you agree to pay more attention.

My pet peeve is not putting tools back-- I spend hours looking for tools that he left where he last used them because "that is probably be where he needs them the next time" :(

It is pointless been telling my wife for years if a gate is closed you have to close it behind you when you go through. She left early this morning and when I took the dogs out the gate to the yard was wide open lucky cows were out away from the house. My cows have better grass in the pasture but want to come in the yard and they like to drink the water from my dogs play pool I think they do it just because they know it gets on my nerves.

I'm have gotten over it now, again, but I still don't understand what is so tough about "if you unplug it plug back in when you're done" and "if you open it close it".

If she gets up in the night to go pee on a regular basis take the toliet seat off . After she wets her tail 3 times explain the fence again

I'm only guessing, but I figure there's a good chance that she forgets because she's focused on whatever task she's doing or the task is so routine that her mind wanders. So you need to find a non-punitive way to bring her mind back into focus on the gates.
I would recommend some humerous (big & colorful) signs at each gate that will get her attention. Cartoons are good. She'll get a chuckle each time she sees them, and you won't have to chase cows.

The other possibility is that she's po'd at you and punishing you. If that's the case, well, the solution is to stop doing whatever you're doing to tick her off :p

Let's recap. Shall we?

She lets them out. You chase them around and put them back in.

Now let me think this over.

Howdyjabo":1ii8a1uc said:
How about finding that thing that you can't seem to remember to do that bugs her no end. Then both of you agree to pay more attention.

That's a good suggestion.

I would strongly suggest that the next time she leaves a gate open, fence unplugged and the cows get out, make darn sure she helps you catch the cows and put them back in. My thinking is that if she has to do this enough times, she may remember it while going through the gate.

Cottagefarm's ideas about signs at the gate and plug area are pretty good too. I have done similar things with my husband and have found that it is a good non-confrontational way to address the issue. When I have done that, my husband thought the signs/post-its or whatever were funny......and a good reminder. Makes life a bit easier for both of us.

Personally I find it alot easier to go through life, with the least amount of arguments and confrontations with my other half. I'd much rather we be partners and not adversaries.

As for Caustic and that dreadful car ride.....I guess Mrs. Caustic hadn't learned to recoginze "the look". ;-) I have seen "the look" on my husband's face a few times over the years, that's my cue that I need to 'let it go', shut up and walk away and leave him be. Its much better for both of us. :lol2:

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":1y2312qu said:
Howdyjabo":1y2312qu said:

I would strongly suggest that the next time she leaves a gate open, fence unplugged and the cows get out, make darn sure she helps you catch the cows and put them back in. My thinking is that if she has to do this enough times, she may remember it while going through the gate.

Cottagefarm's ideas about signs at the gate and plug area are pretty good too. I have done similar things with my husband and have found that it is a good non-confrontational way to address the issue. When I have done that, my husband thought the signs/post-its or whatever were funny......and a good reminder. Makes life a bit easier for both of us.

Personally I find it alot easier to go through life, with the least amount of arguments and confrontations with my other half. I'd much rather we be partners and not adversaries.

As for Caustic and that dreadful car ride.....I guess Mrs. Caustic hadn't learned to recoginze "the look". ;-) I have seen "the look" on my husband's face a few times over the years, that's my cue that I need to 'let it go', shut up and walk away and leave him be. Its much better for both of us. :lol2:

Katherine
Katherine it's a shame all women aren't as wise as you. Life would be so much simpler.

Alan":1mcx370z said:
Plug the damm fence in if she unplugs it or hang up a hot gate if she takes it down? Third time this spring I had to chase cows and calves and fix torn up fence. We have only been here 13 years! :mad: I spent 3 and half hours to get cows, calves together and move to another pasture and try to fix down fence tonight, for the third time this spring, I mean really!!!!!! And yes I have tried to talk her about it, it must not be a priority.

You do not!

Plain and simple the only reason you think you are the boss is because she lets you.

Suck it up and get over it Buttercup! LOL

Bez__

jedstivers":242x3jg3 said:
Katherine it's a shame all women aren't as wise as you. Life would be so much simpler.

Thank you. :)

I guess having 4 brothers and only 1 sister,and most of my working life has been in the company (most of the time) of men, I learned a few things.

Katherine

Another female here who puts the cattle back in if they are out, from Hubby's 'new' fencing.

She is quite capable of helping you put them back in and helping you to fix the fence.

Rather than put the sign on the gate. Put the sign on the fridge or front door, so as she remembers before going inside and sitting down.

Workinonit Farm":1bjdm6u4 said:
Howdyjabo":1bjdm6u4 said:

Katherine

We had only been married for about 30 years at the time. The girl knows where my button is
and she wasn't pushing it but had been standing on it for about 4 hours.
She also knows when I have said I have had enough it is over on any issue.
I will walk away I am through don't follow me.
Cause you can carve it in stone, write it blood, or put your hand on the Good Book
I will never change my mind.

branguscowgirl":13z4mrvg said:
Nesikep":13z4mrvg said:
How about this, Hardwire the fencer into the wall.. you just can't unplug it.

As for gates, If the SO has such bad memory, get those spring loaded drive through gates... Might want to clarify WHICH gates those are or you're going to have some good scratches on something!

I saw a vid on youtube that was a surefire way to get silence from the SO.... Guy filled the hair drier with baby powder while she was in the shower... she had perfect aim when she fired it up!
Nesi, you just want to pizz her off even more with the hair dryer, don't ya? :lol:
Nesi is not married.

Your Quote, "Hang up hot gate if you take it down" Sounds like you have wire instead of gates. What do you expect out of your partner? Man up and install a hinged gate so she does not have to mess with the hot fence. Read your post, a solution is not hard to figure out.

Bez__":12d2eol2 said:
Alan":12d2eol2 said:
Plug the damm fence in if she unplugs it or hang up a hot gate if she takes it down? Third time this spring I had to chase cows and calves and fix torn up fence. We have only been here 13 years! :mad: I spent 3 and half hours to get cows, calves together and move to another pasture and try to fix down fence tonight, for the third time this spring, I mean really!!!!!! And yes I have tried to talk her about it, it must not be a priority.

You do not!

Plain and simple the only reason you think you are the boss is because she lets you.

Bez__

Buttercup! Really! I'll come and kick your az ...... Wait you live on or near the east coast of Canada? A, if I flew out to give you a good thumping it may cost me a couple of thousand at least. Okay, I can deal with that, still coming to beat ...... Oh wait your military for most of your life :shock: Can I just buy you a beer when I see you?

Buttercup :lol: :lol: :lol:

:tiphat:
Alan

kerley":15q5biqv said:
Your Quote, "Hang up hot gate if you take it down" Sounds like you have wire instead of gates. What do you expect out of your partner? Man up and install a hinged gate so she does not have to mess with the hot fence. Read your post, a solution is not hard to figure out.

Small rotational pastures, not my set up. :? Hang the dam gate up or plug it back in! :?

Now that that is said, I haven't got her trained in 13 yrs, so I know it's something I have to deal with, she is the love of my life! :tiphat:

Alan":2jhdiz1o said:
Bez__":2jhdiz1o said:
Alan":2jhdiz1o said:

You do not!

Bez__

Buttercup! Really! I'll come and kick your az ...... Wait you live on or near the east coast of Canada? A, if I flew out to give you a good thumping it may cost me a couple of thousand at least. Okay, I can deal with that, still coming to beat ...... Oh wait your military for most of your life :shock: Can I just buy you a beer when I see you?

Buttercup :lol: :lol: :lol:

:tiphat:
Alan

If you ever got here the steaks and beer would be on me

Cheers

Bez__

Latest posts