Ok ladies and men, need some help! How do I get my wife to.

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Plug the damm fence in if she unplugs it or hang up a hot gate if she takes it down? Third time this spring I had to chase cows and calves and fix torn up fence. We have only been here 13 years! :mad: I spent 3 and half hours to get cows, calves together and move to another pasture and try to fix down fence tonight, for the third time this spring, I mean really!!!!!! And yes I have tried to talk her about it, it must not be a priority.

Alan I can guarantee you a fix. Just wait till she's asleep tonight and then yank back the covers and hit her with the hot-shot. She will never forget the fence again. Video it and post it so I can make sure you did it correctly.

Isomade":nqjp0qbs said:
Alan I can guarantee you a fix. Just wait till she's asleep tonight and then yank back the covers and hit her with the hot-shot. She will never forget the fence again. Video it and post it so I can make sure you did it correctly.

:lol: :lol: :lol: nah, not that brave, :mrgreen: Glad to see you're still lurking...... Although I'm not cooking tonight, eating nachos to take the edge off,

Alan":2obczubw said:
Isomade":2obczubw said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: nah, not that brave, :mrgreen: Glad to see you're still lurking...... Although I'm not cooking tonight, eating nachos to take the edge off,
Yea I'm still here. Been busy moving. I bought a little spread up in Oregon. I think my neighbor is an idiot though. I been watching him chase his Herefords all day through my binoculars. I guess the poor old feller can't remember to shut a gate. He does this about every three days... :lol:

Haha Allen I feel your pain it's like :deadhorse: .

20 years ago I put in 1 mile of New Zealand hot wire and NOBODY gets out (except the better half's goat kids) unless it's human error.

800 miles from home, neighbor calls and say's your cows are in my backyard! Daughter on cell phone "gizmo" leaves 3 gates open. Including the one at the road. Can of grain and 15 min. they were home.

So to answer your question, Make her chase them next time. :roll:

Isomade":z5ub63ry said:
Alan":z5ub63ry said:
Isomade":z5ub63ry said:

Yea I'm still here. Been busy moving. I bought a little spread up in Oregon. I think my neighbor is an idiot though. I been watching him chase his Herefords all day through my binoculars. I guess the poor old feller can't remember to shut a gate. He does this about every three days... :lol:

I thought I saw a little man in pink :lol: with binocs watching me!...... Stalker!

Named'em Tamed'em":2tcc2va2 said:

20 years ago I put in 1 mile of New Zealand hot wire and NOBODY gets out (except the better half's goat kids) unless it's human error.

800 miles from home, neighbor calls and say's your cows are in my backyard! Daughter on cell phone "gizmo" leaves 3 gates open. Including the one at the road. Can of grain and 15 min. they were home.

Never going to happen, third time this spring, I'm just venting but....... Any help? Third time :? :secret:

Alan":1rgpwsew said:
Named'em Tamed'em":1rgpwsew said:

Never going to happen, third time this spring, I'm just venting but....... Any help? Third time :? :secret:

No secret Alan. Just grin and bear it. There will be real trials down the road. This is nothin. Solution? Tell her to go get the cows since she let them out. OR, use your imagination and extract some sort of 'payment' for fixing it.

Just admit that it's hopeless, fix the fence and try to forget about it. I'm sure some other problem will be along soon to take your mind off of it.

Larry

Alan":1lmevnyu said:
Plug the damm fence in if she unplugs it or hang up a hot gate if she takes it down? Third time this spring I had to chase cows and calves and fix torn up fence. We have only been here 13 years! :mad: I spent 3 and half hours to get cows, calves together and move to another pasture and try to fix down fence tonight, for the third time this spring, I mean really!!!!!! And yes I have tried to talk her about it, it must not be a priority.

I can tell you one to use that she will never forget.
That being said you need to be able to cook and tolerate complete and utter silence for
about a month.

Caustic Burno":2nf6ty66 said:
Alan":2nf6ty66 said:

That being said you need to be able to cook and tolerate complete and utter silence for
about a month.
If you have something to keep a wife silent for a month share it with us. That would be great. I can buy food.

jedstivers":1a4iqo6x said:
Caustic Burno":1a4iqo6x said:
Alan":1a4iqo6x said:

about a month.
If you have something to keep a wife silent for a month share it with us. That would be great. I can buy food.

:nod:

We had been to Columbus Ms. visiting our son in the Air Force.
I don't even remember what I had done wrong in her mind for 4 1/2 hours she
had been steadily eating out my ass and I had another 4 of driving.

I told her woman I have had enough, she kept on and I replied apparently you didn't hear I said
I had enough. She kept on I told we can settle this as I can hire a cook, maid and call
girl cheaper and won't have to put up with this Mickey Mouse shyt.

Absolute silence for about the next month

Edit Warning this is the nuclear option and she knew she was standing on my button when I said I had enough.

Dam you guys! I can go into the spiel about how you should really appreciate your women more, but I won't. :D

Around here, I GO AFTER THE COWS. So I guess that's your answer, send the women down the road to get them next time. And get their help to fix the fence too. I have a ranch hand to fix the fence, but all the expense is on me. Plus I am the one that gets sued if someone hits an animal with their car. It's funny how careful you get, when your home is at stake!

Caustic Burno":19rn9dab said:
We had been to Columbus Ms. visiting our son in the Air Force.
I don't even remember what I had done wrong in her mind for 4 1/2 hours she
had been steadily eating out my ass and I had another 4 of driving.

I told her woman I have had enough, she kept on and I replied apparently you didn't hear I said
I had enough. She kept on I told we can settle this as I can hire a cook, maid and call
girl cheaper and won't have to put up with this Mickey Mouse shyt.

Absolute silence for about the next month

Edit Warning this is the nuclear option and she knew she was standing on my button when I said I had enough.
Naw that won't work. I've told mine many times I can hire everything she does cheaper and can even change up who I'm hireing and it doesn't slow her down a bit.

How about this, Hardwire the fencer into the wall.. you just can't unplug it.

As for gates, If the SO has such bad memory, get those spring loaded drive through gates... Might want to clarify WHICH gates those are or you're going to have some good scratches on something!

I saw a vid on youtube that was a surefire way to get silence from the SO.... Guy filled the hair drier with baby powder while she was in the shower... she had perfect aim when she fired it up!

Nesikep":35cr33fj said:
How about this, Hardwire the fencer into the wall.. you just can't unplug it.

As for gates, If the SO has such bad memory, get those spring loaded drive through gates... Might want to clarify WHICH gates those are or you're going to have some good scratches on something!

I saw a vid on youtube that was a surefire way to get silence from the SO.... Guy filled the hair drier with baby powder while she was in the shower... she had perfect aim when she fired it up!
Nesi, you just want to pizz her off even more with the hair dryer, don't ya? :lol:

Ever stop to think she might want you to quit the cow business. Check to see if a divorce lawyer would be cheaper than keeping cows. Then decide which way to go. Also let her read what you say about her on this forum.

Latest posts