Oil Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Couldn't wait, needed it it now. Maybe I won't have to pay the bill until after I get my coronavirus check.

hurleyjd said:
Today Tyler Texas has shut down if anyone caught driving will need a letter saying it is essential for them to be out. Other wise a fine and possible jail time. Really getting scary about the civil liberties being taken away. I really hope it is necessary. Did you see the refrigerated truck backed up to the hospital to store bodies in.
JD, a letter from who?

A friend told my wife that he got pulled over by police in Grand Prairie, Texas and was asked what he was doing out. If true sounds like a police state.

ccr said:
hurleyjd said:
Today Tyler Texas has shut down if anyone caught driving will need a letter saying it is essential for them to be out. Other wise a fine and possible jail time. Really getting scary about the civil liberties being taken away. I really hope it is necessary. Did you see the refrigerated truck backed up to the hospital to store bodies in.
JD, a letter from who?

A friend told my wife that he got pulled over by police in Grand Prairie, Texas and was asked what he was doing out. If true sounds like a police state.

From your employer if you have one. It's pretty unenforceable but it makes the govt look like they are doing some thing.

If you come to TX from a state like NY its mandated that you self quarantine for 14 days... like who can enforce that. :lol:

Some more so than others.

Need to quit watching FOX and CNN
When you stack million of people on top of each other the numbers have nowhere to go but up.
[sarcasm]Don't worry about them. Let 'em die..doesn't concern us as we are all out here in the boonies already isolated before all this started with them little circles we each drew around ourselves..... Their deaths and misery is a small price to pay to git the economy going again before none of us have any $$ left to pass on to our kids.
[/sarcasm off]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/tom-hanks-and-rita-wilson-make-a-joyful-return-to-los-angeles-after-coronavirus-diagnoses/ar-BB11OuUS?li=BBnb7Kz

Forrest Gump is back home and life back to normal...and I quote from the article.........."Tom and Rita are doing very well and continue to recover," Hanks' rep, Leslee Dart, said. "Their recovery is very much on course for healthy adults with this virus. They are feeling better each day."

A local nursing home had a fear one of their patients died from the virus as I recon they were running scared. She was 102 years old. It seems dying is more about fear than sadness. Sure is not a good time to die.

The short version of the Tyler/Smith county order...

TYLER, Texas (KLTV) - Smith County Judge Nathaniel Moran has issued a mandatory stay-at-home order that will go into effect at 11:59 p.m. Friday night.

The order will remain in place for two weeks..

Smith County Judge Nathaniel Moran reiterated the need for social distancing and personal responsibility and discipline.

He said people will still be going to places like gas stations and grocery stores.

"Behave as though each person you come in contact with is a COVID-19 carrier," Moran said.
Enforcement of order
People caught violating the stay-at-home order could face a fine of up to $1,000 and/or up to 180 days in jail.

Moran said he hopes the community will comply with the order.

The long version:
https://www.kltv.com/2020/03/27/city-tyler-smith-county-hold-joint-press-conference-discuss-covid-/

greybeard said:
The short version of the Tyler/Smith county order...

TYLER, Texas (KLTV) - Smith County Judge Nathaniel Moran has issued a mandatory stay-at-home order that will go into effect at 11:59 p.m. Friday night.

The order will remain in place for two weeks..

Smith County Judge Nathaniel Moran reiterated the need for social distancing and personal responsibility and discipline.

He said people will still be going to places like gas stations and grocery stores.

"Behave as though each person you come in contact with is a COVID-19 carrier," Moran said.
Enforcement of order
People caught violating the stay-at-home order could face a fine of up to $1,000 and/or up to 180 days in jail.

Moran said he hopes the community will comply with the order.

The long version:
https://www.kltv.com/2020/03/27/city-tyler-smith-county-hold-joint-press-conference-discuss-covid-/

Fat chance of going to jail, they are letting convicted felons out in some areas.

hurleyjd said:
Today Tyler Texas has shut down if anyone caught driving will need a letter saying it is essential for them to be out. Other wise a fine and possible jail time. Really getting scary about the civil liberties being taken away.

The letter is referred to as the Constitution of the United States:

My company sent each of us milk testers a letter to carry with us in case we get stopped that says we work in the agriculture industry and it is an "essential" business.
Honestly, milk testing is not essential in the way it means. A farmer doesn't HAVE to test in the way we do it. We are a service organization for farmers. Not required by law or anything. Still, I can't imagine a cop pulling over a vehicle here that has Farm Use on it.
Va is "locked down" until JUNE 10th. That was issued about a month ago by the A$$hole Governor we have.
Now he has gone and said we are no longer recognizing Lee-Jackson day and that Civil War and other "southern" statues may be removed because they are representative of the south????? If they OFFEND someone, they are subject to removal. He//, I am a Yankee and I find it offensive to remove Confederate statues and such because it is saying you are not proud of the sacrifice that someone made for a cause they BELIEVED IN ?????? This sounds more and more like what happened in some of the communist countries that would go and remove all statues to a previous leader just because they didn't agree with them. I don't agree with slavery..... but it happened and NOTHING WILL CHANGE THAT. All we can do is GO FORWARD, try to be better than those before us and we can't do that by removing all references to the past.

Latest posts