Off to a good start

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Well our first three shows of the year are under our belt. I would say that we started out really well, although there wasnt a lot of competition, there was some. We've taken 9 or 10 to each of the shows, I think. Here are some of the results:

Denton North Texas State Fair
Youth:
Junior Champion Female
Grand Champion Female
Open:
Reserve Junior Champion Female
Senior Champion Female
Grand Champion Female
Grand Champion Mature Female
Senior Champion Bull
Reserve Senior Champion Bull

Abilene West Texas State Fair
Junior Champion Female
Reserve Junior Champion Female
Reserve Senior Champion Female
Reserve Grand Champion Female
Reserve Senior Champion Bull
Champion Produce of Dam
Champion Get of Sire

Amarillo Tri State Fair
Non-Halter:
Reserve Junior Champion Female ( I personally own, not the ranch)
Junior Champion Female
Halter:
Junior Champion Female
Reserve Senior Champion Female
Champion Produce of Dam
Champion Get of Sire

I guess we've done pretty well the first three shows. Sorry if it sounds as if I am bragging. Just thought some would like to know. Don't have any pictures of cattle at the shows, no time really. But Dallas is coming up in a month, hopefully we'll get some pictures there.

Ryan, I'd say your start was way better than 'good.' Congratulations, you accumulated a bunch of titles in that list! Hope you get some pics next time out.

Congratulations Ryan! Good Job!! Extra rations this month!

When is the next show for you? Will you be coming to the SETLA Show in Huntsville, AL?

Sorry reading this so late I have been tied up. Been to Knoxville, TN to graduate CTTP, Certified Tennessee Tourism Professional, from UT's Tourism Institute.

Now, it's fair time at the Middle TN District Fair in Lawrenceburg. We will be the only Longhorns there. We are taking our bull and Rustlers 2 heifers. We will be listed under other breeds but they will know that the Longhorns were in town. Wish us luck, we don't have their kind of beef but we love our cattle.

Our next show will be the State Fair of Texas in Dallas. And that'll probably be it for us this fall. Then on to the Ft. Worth Stock Show.

Good luck at all the shows in TN. Keep us updated.

Well Rustlers two heifers took first then the older one Legacy, fixing to turn 2 in a week, took Reserve Champion and Paint, our bull took first and then reserve Champion then Reserve Grand Champion. So far so good. The next show is in Huntsville Alabama. This is the SETLA Show Longhorn affiliate show so anyone in our area come on down to Huntsville Alabama Ag Centeron Saturday or Sunday 14th & 15th of October. Look for Warpaint and I and the rest of our family we would be happy to see you and meet you. Otherwise we will keep myou posted.

Latest posts