Oats field/cattle grazing pics

Help Support CattleToday:

jrn28

Reaction score
Had a lot of rain this winter and haven't been able to let cows in oats/wheat field as much as i needed to. It's really exciting for me to see this volume of grass and my cows this happy! Just thought I'd share.

Thanks for the compliments. Today I was sitting in the middle of the field watching em eat. I have had the pleasure of doing this(plant wheat for grazing)for the past five years and my favorite part is the scent. While they are eating, a soft, sweet fragrance of ripe honey dew melon surrounds you.

jrn28":aad9b236 said:
Had a lot of rain this winter and haven't been able to let cows in oats/wheat field as much as i needed to. It's really exciting for me to see this volume of grass and my cows this happy! Just thought I'd share.
Looks good. It's how I keep mine in shape through the winter. Only thing I'd do a little different is I would have been turning them in several weeks ago even if it were a little wet.

Enjoyed those pretty pictures. Cattle and grass looking great! Thanks for sharing.

thanks for sharing, sure enjoyed looking. Our oat fields are pretty well on their last leg we are still running cows on them but will pull them off to another pasture by the end of this week. I sure love the bloom it puts on the cows and the grow it gives the calves. Love the pic of the calf peeking out of the grass.

gizmom

Thanks again for the compliments.

wacocowboy":h9yamk8w said:
I pulled my cows so I can let my oats and rye grow up and bale it
If I keep getting rain the way i have been ill probably bale it up too.

Latest posts