NRA

Help Support CattleToday:

All I can tell you CB is I catch them stealing my stuff its a longs ways to town. Lot of tall rocks for hikers to fall off of around here. Jail isn't any fun but I am not scared of it.

Red Bull Breeder":hse1rcf3 said:
All I can tell you CB is I catch them stealing my stuff its a longs ways to town. Lot of tall rocks for hikers to fall off of around here. Jail isn't any fun but I am not scared of it.

Foolish thing to say.

Red Bull Breeder":3l3zig2u said:
Jail isn't any fun but I am not scared of it.
Ever spent 90 days there? Jail isn't scary,but some of the others guests sure can be.

Caustic Burno":319ek6mp said:
Red Bull Breeder":319ek6mp said:
Well CB it was money that stopped you and having to live with killing a criminal. But that's how we stop having repeat offenders. That's how you reduce the prison population.

Money never stopped me that's where you are wrong.
The perp in retreat stopped me.
Better study your laws or you will be the one in jail.

Just one question for you have you ever pulled that trigger.
A diminished or no longer obvious threat lessens the protection from prosecution that many self protection/deadly force Doctrines provide? Not exactly. "percieved" threat comes in to play. And IF the bad guy has made an attempt to break off the confrontation (leave without taking or harming anything) you'd be on shaky legal ground if you shot and killed him.
Deadly force is not authorized for simple trespass tho.

Really, it comes down to how a local prosecutor interprets Sections 9.31 and 9.32. There's lots of leeway there.
Joe Horn shot and killed the guys robbing his neighbors home as they were leaving the property and never served a day in jail, but the prosecutor didn't push it--that was before the latest amendments to Texas "castle law". Current law plainly states deadly force is authorized if the actor (home owner) reasonably believes there is no other way to recover stolen property.

greybeard":2kowidps said:
Caustic Burno":2kowidps said:
Red Bull Breeder":2kowidps said:
Well CB it was money that stopped you and having to live with killing a criminal. But that's how we stop having repeat offenders. That's how you reduce the prison population.

Money never stopped me that's where you are wrong.
The perp in retreat stopped me.
Better study your laws or you will be the one in jail.

Just one question for you have you ever pulled that trigger.
A diminished or no longer obvious threat lessens the protection from prosecution that many self protection/deadly force Doctrines provide? Not exactly. "percieved" threat comes in to play. And IF the bad guy has made an attempt to break off the confrontation (leave without taking or harming anything) you'd be on shaky legal ground if you shot and killed him.
Deadly force is not authorized for simple trespass tho.

Really, it comes down to how a local prosecutor interprets Sections 9.31 and 9.32. There's lots of leeway there.
Joe Horn shot and killed the guys robbing his neighbors home as they were leaving the property and never served a day in jail, but the prosecutor didn't push it--that was before the latest amendments to Texas "castle law". Current law plainly states deadly force is authorized if the actor (home owner) reasonably believes there is no other way to recover stolen property.

There was no stolen property. That process had been interrupted.
It was daylight with the perp withdrawing/retreating the scene.
You do have the right to protect your property and life with deadly force.
You do not have the right to use deadly force against a trespasser in Texas as GB stated.

This was the key in Joe Horns defense as well.
The keyword is night time.

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY.
A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Here is a very interesting infographic on mass shootings. There is a massive shift after 1980 to the frequency to these shootings. What's the cause? I'm not arguing that it's more guns, that's idiotic b/c guns have been around for a lot longer than the last 35 years. I'm arguing, rather, that there's a massive shift in the media (video games, movies, music, television) that promotes violence, and violence to an end to some problem that in all actuality is pretty insignificant. Mix in the internet to isolate a person more and more from actual society and promote more of a skewed view, and you've got a recipe for disaster. What's the solution? I'm not sure. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone knows. I think trying to remove guns from society would go about as well as prohibition, though.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/mass-shoot ... ew/5355990

I became a gun owner in 1971. I was 19 years old and had an apartment in a poorer section of town. I never even gave it a thought and on many nights I would walk home from the bar I frequented because I knew not to drink and drive. One day my roommate, a long time friend, became involved with an older, married woman. Her husband found out and came to our apartment to seek revenge. He fired 6 shots from a 38 into the front of our apartment, went to the end of the street and turned arounf=d to come back again. When he got in front of our apartment, our neighborhood lit him up like a firecracker. I never found out who nor how many but a bunch of neighbors chased his bullet riddled car out of the area. He did not come back. I tossed my room mate out.

Bestoutwest":1u7il5xu said:
Here is a very interesting infographic on mass shootings. There is a massive shift after 1980 to the frequency to these shootings. What's the cause? I'm not arguing that it's more guns, that's idiotic b/c guns have been around for a lot longer than the last 35 years. I'm arguing, rather, that there's a massive shift in the media (video games, movies, music, television) that promotes violence, and violence to an end to some problem that in all actuality is pretty insignificant. Mix in the internet to isolate a person more and more from actual society and promote more of a skewed view, and you've got a recipe for disaster. What's the solution? I'm not sure. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone knows. I think trying to remove guns from society would go about as well as prohibition, though.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/mass-shoot ... ew/5355990
Evil is nothing new.
The worst in our history occurred in 1927 Bath Michigan.
He used guns and explosives.
https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Bath_School_disaster

Caustic Burno":6c3wactu said:
Evil is nothing new.
The worst in our history occurred in 1927 Bath Michigan.
He used guns and explosives.
https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Bath_School_disaster

But I think the difference is in the frequency now. Most were isolated events that shocked the world. It's not becoming an every week occurance now, but it's getting to be regular enough now that I have had to have training on what to do if we have an active shooter at work. I work at a family medical clinic. Basically, what I'm getting at is that more people are becoming increasing unstable. Our society is falling apart at the seams. It's for a myriad of reasons, none of which seem to be considered. Instead, we want to just blame the weapon. As your example has proven, people will use whatever means necessary to carry out atrocities.

Would it make people feel better if the victims were just pushed out 3rd story windows or off balconies?
America is so strange. When a terrorist beheads someone, they blame the terrorists, not the knife.
When the Rwanda genocide of moderate Hutu and nearly a million Tutsi took place over a 100 day period, mostly by machete, did they blame the machetes?
15.-nachtwey-machetes.jpeg

Skulls.jpg

wounded-survivor.jpg

No--of course not, but here, we blame the inanimate object.
go figure.

Lots of folks are taking drugs, or have taken mind altering drugs. And some TV - video games are a terrible influence.

Latest posts