NRA

Help Support CattleToday:

houstoncutter

Reaction score
A question for some you that might happen to be NRA members. Back in the 70's I sent my card back to the NRA because of my beliefs concerning politicians that got a good voting record score, but never seemed to shy away from more gun control when the cameras were rolling. So being that I am not a member, I can only ask a question. Whats it going to take for the NRA and gun manufactures to take out air time and print time to put the facts about guns out to the public.

Something like the shooting in South Carolina tragic as it is, overshadows he truth of everyday folks lives that are saved because the are armed. Thousands of folks were probably saved last year from robbers or worse. It might get a small amount of print or on the local news. That's it, another story or statistic that never gets heard about again.

Im sure we probably have quite a few NRA members on this board. Why not ask the association how long they are going to set on that war chest while " Rome is Burning". My clients know that Im packing some are scared because of it others are just curious why Im packing. I always try to turn it into a teaching moment. FOLKS we are going to get of the sidelines and start saying and doing things or these liberal retards are going to have us disarmed.

Ill shut up now and go to bed, but I just had to get that off my chest

Canada seems to be thinking about concealed carry laws.. I'm sure some do-gooders will say that they're going to be helping criminals out with that one... They never seem to get it into their thick skulls that the low lifes will always be able to get guns, and that all the laws are just making it a PITA for the law abiding people

houstoncutter":b02ds5cd said:
A question for some you that might happen to be NRA members. Back in the 70's I sent my card back to the NRA because of my beliefs concerning politicians that got a good voting record score, but never seemed to shy away from more gun control when the cameras were rolling. So being that I am not a member, I can only ask a question. Whats it going to take for the NRA and gun manufactures to take out air time and print time to put the facts about guns out to the public.

Something like the shooting in South Carolina tragic as it is, overshadows he truth of everyday folks lives that are saved because the are armed. Thousands of folks were probably saved last year from robbers or worse. It might get a small amount of print or on the local news. That's it, another story or statistic that never gets heard about again.

Im sure we probably have quite a few NRA members on this board. Why not ask the association how long they are going to set on that war chest while " Rome is Burning". My clients know that Im packing some are scared because of it others are just curious why Im packing. I always try to turn it into a teaching moment. FOLKS we are going to get of the sidelines and start saying and doing things or these liberal retards are going to have us disarmed.

Ill shut up now and go to bed, but I just had to get that off my chest
To answer your question houstoncutter, the number one thing is $money$. If all the legal gun owners would join the NRA we'd be good to go. Shear numbers scare a politician, no matter what side of the isle their on.

Exactly how many lives are saved b/c someone is carrying? Is it all anecdotal evidence (ie, I got robbed and showed him my gun and he ran away) or are there concrete facts out there? Are there too many robberies thwarted b/c someone knew there could be a gun involved? What I'm getting at is that I think something like this would be too hard to prove. Guns killing people in a mass setting (like South Carolina) is a very easy stat to produce. Thwarted robberies and lives saved may be more complicated to produce which is why there isn't much promotion of it. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, it may just be too hard to provide concrete reliable sources.

Out west the one thing that's easy to find in all these mass killing are in a gun free zone. Its is against the law to conceal carry in a church in SC. Look what happen when a gunman opened fire on the Dallas Police Department. Gun man dead!!

High grit I see the joining the NRA as about like the republican majority we elected last time. Elect them to stop Obama and they turn into his biggest supporters.

Bestoutwest":6lw8outs said:
I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, it may just be too hard to provide concrete reliable sources.

I know, for a fact, that a rifle (in one instance) prevented me from getting robbed.
When a window curtain is being slowly pushed to the side by the barrel of a rifle, it seems that the person trying to break-in, from the outside of the window makes the right choice to leave very quickly!

Bestoutwest":3hysyfrm said:
Exactly how many lives are saved b/c someone is carrying? Is it all anecdotal evidence (ie, I got robbed and showed him my gun and he ran away) or are there concrete facts out there? Are there too many robberies thwarted b/c someone knew there could be a gun involved? What I'm getting at is that I think something like this would be too hard to prove. Guns killing people in a mass setting (like South Carolina) is a very easy stat to produce. Thwarted robberies and lives saved may be more complicated to produce which is why there isn't much promotion of it. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, it may just be too hard to provide concrete reliable sources.

I know that here in Texas hardly a week or day goes by that the local news media in some town reports of a robber being held at gunpoint or shot. Those are qualified reports, now multiply that by 50. Yet as a whole this number is overlooked, makes no sense.

I'm not doubting it happens, I'm saying it's not reported as much AND I'm sure it happens less frequently simply for the fact that scum stay away from certain places because they know the outcome isn't going to be favorable.

Bestoutwest":iddyeclo said:
I'm not doubting it happens, I'm saying it's not reported as much AND I'm sure it happens less frequently simply for the fact that scum stay away from certain places because they know the outcome isn't going to be favorable.

Why would the liberal media report it? It weakens their case for gun control.

Peoples opinions on guns and gun control are based on emotion, not logic.

The gunman in the church was in violation of the law. There are also laws against murder, but those didn't do much good did they?

What gun control advocates really want are less guns, period. The talk about more gun laws is just politics. The theory behind the gun control message is the more people who don't have guns, the easier they will be to outlaw.

It boils down to the simple fact that there some people in this country that don't like guns. And they think since they don't need or want a gun, you shouldn't either.

houstoncutter":18d69ial said:
Bestoutwest":18d69ial said:

I know that here in Texas hardly a week or day goes by that the local news media in some town reports of a robber being held at gunpoint or shot. Those are qualified reports, now multiply that by 50. Yet as a whole this number is overlooked, makes no sense.

Used one two weeks ago to stop a meth head from burglary.
Once again he is a resident of the county and state.
The once again part is what PO's me. This is a plague on our society.
They can not or will not stop the lifestyle when released.
This is the true definition of idiocy doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Need to change the system like some of the third world countries if you go to prison your family pays
for your upkeep or you starve.

What happened to holding each person responsible for there own actions CB. The would be burglars family wasn't committing the crime. If you would have shot him his life of crime would be over. If he reoffends now its your fault.

Redbull the repercussions of killing someone is not worth the hassle for most folks. I like the 3 strikes and your out deal. A murderer like the church shooter has no right to a trial, he should of been hung last week.

I don't talk to much about guns. Im seldom more than a few steps from one. I see lots of fools who constantly brag about their chl. Some even showing off their gun. It's a foolish and dangerous practice. I don't agree with everything the nra does. But overall I think they have done a good job. When Some wingnut shoots up a public place. The gun control crowd will jump out off the brush and start preaching their agenda.the nra seems very good at sitting back, getting their ducks in a row, and then making a successful counterattack. I think we would be in trouble without them. I'm a member of no clubs ,associations, unions etc. except for the nra. As a life member. I just wish they would stop sending the endless stream of magazines I don't care about having

Highgrit do you believe in the Constitution? You know not what you say highgrit. Don't need any more laws need less laws. Pretty sure Texas has a law the lets neighbors help neighbors I cases like CB was talking about.

Red Bull Breeder":3gzde55b said:
What happened to holding each person responsible for there own actions CB. The would be burglars family wasn't committing the crime. If you would have shot him his life of crime would be over. If he reoffends now its your fault.

Problems with shooting someone, I could have and he was packing.
It would have cost 10 grand still and looking down a 1911 stopped the behavior and he retreated.
You still have to live with the consequences no matter how sorry they are. Until you pull the trigger
on a man you don't know what that feels like.
As far as them being accountable why should we have to feed and cloth all the shytheads
on the taxpayers dime. Let his family if they want to see him again. The system has failed as fast as they go to jail they get out.
He just got out of the pen a couple years ago for the same crap. He is going back but under our
system he has the right to bond out until trail. This will be his third trip back

Bestoutwest":22f3v8sc said:
https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/

Anti 2nd advocates would never keep score.

Well CB it was money that stopped you and having to live with killing a criminal. But that's how we stop having repeat offenders. That's how you reduce the prison population.

Red Bull Breeder":2n35zldg said:
Well CB it was money that stopped you and having to live with killing a criminal. But that's how we stop having repeat offenders. That's how you reduce the prison population.

Money never stopped me that's where you are wrong.
The perp in retreat stopped me.
Better study your laws or you will be the one in jail.

Just one question for you have you ever pulled that trigger.

I still subscribe to "I had rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6"

Latest posts