Not so good day at the sale barn...

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm sorry if your animals were mistreated, but as far as the in depth information, no weekly auction that I've ever heard of will take the time to relay that to bidders except in rare cases. The fact that you're a woman didn't have anything to do with it.

ditto ^
A weekly sale is not like a breed sale where the auctioneer may give the history of the animal.
BTW. Punctuation is a good thing. Your post is very difficult to read.

chippie":3axmlx1y said:
ditto ^
A weekly sale is not like a breed sale where the auctioneer may give the history of the animal.
BTW. Punctuation is a good thing. Your post is very difficult to read.

:nod: Maybe even use a capital letter once in a while.

I would not take anything to a sale barn that I was unfamiliar with. At least sit through part of a sale day and do a little walking around to see what's going on.
I don't blame you one bit for not wanting your animals "abused". (If that was the case.) I don't think anyone does. But the others are right, the weekly sale barn is not a place where they take the time to talk much about the animals. Nor do they have time to baby them along. Not a place to take your "family member" pets if you can help it.

branguscowgirl":2by23wye said:
I would not take anything to a sale barn that I was unfamiliar with. At least sit through part of a sale day and do a little walking around to see what's going on.
I don't blame you one bit for not wanting your animals "abused". (If that was the case.) I don't think anyone does. But the others are right, the weekly sale barn is not a place where they take the time to talk much about the animals. Nor do they have time to baby them along. Not a place to take your "family member" pets if you can help it.
Or she could be a troll. I smells bull feces in her story.

i think that if you are not set up for a certain livestock then it is simple[.] Just say we do not [sell] that [type] livestock.
A mini breed--or species other than cattle?
"Burned" with a cattle prod?
:roll:

texanstraders":mrunx9cj said:
had 2 nice calves I sent to the Emory Texas Auction on Tuesday...One weighed 520, the other was 595. Both were good stocky healthy calves...Got a check for $805 today....That was a let down...

u got jipped!

GMN":1y5fhvxo said:
texanstraders":1y5fhvxo said:
had 2 nice calves I sent to the Emory Texas Auction on Tuesday...One weighed 520, the other was 595. Both were good stocky healthy calves...Got a check for $805 today....That was a let down...

u got jipped!

Check the date, this thread is almost 7 YEARS old! :hide:

Its good to look back at prices.

Lady- you really do need to grow a set.
The respect you did not get had nothing to do with being female. You were probably treated BETTER than if you were a guy pulling the same junk.
I call bullshit on the abuse- you showed your hand when claiming burn marks from a prod.Just flat out can't happen.

I suggest you just stay away from stockyards--

Wow this really caught my eye from the original post.
"Replacement Cows: Pre-tested for bangs, pregnancy, and age.
Medium and Large 1-2:
Age Weight Months Bred Quality Price
4-6 yr old 1000-1450 4-7 months avg quality 640.00-790.00"

Wish I would have bought in big then! :cry2:

Toad":1ve81vu7 said:
Wow this really caught my eye from the original post.
"Replacement Cows: Pre-tested for bangs, pregnancy, and age.
Medium and Large 1-2:
Age Weight Months Bred Quality Price
4-6 yr old 1000-1450 4-7 months avg quality 640.00-790.00"

Wish I would have bought in big then! :cry2:

They'd all be "old ladies" now and probably have already culled themselves. I remember once giving $1350 for a bred cow...way above my normal upper limit of around $1000. Taking her home I almost got sick at my stomach as I thought about paying that much. Luckily she bailed me out by having a set of twins. Both lived, sold them all and made some good money.

Howdyjabo":34cahh35 said:
Its good to look back at prices.

Lady- you really do need to grow a set.
The respect you did not get had nothing to do with being female. You were probably treated BETTER than if you were a guy pulling the same junk.
I call be nice on the abuse- you showed your hand when claiming burn marks from a prod.Just flat out can't happen.

I suggest you just stay away from stockyards--
I'd have to call BS on the whole story. Notice it's another hit and run. The least these trolls could do is to learn and use normal grammar and punctuation.

Latest posts