Nosey people

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
Sometimes I get annoyed with people questioning me about my height. I'm fine if its just "How tall are you?" That's a simple answer, I'm 6'00". But that's never good enough for people. They always need to know what kind of sports i play, or disagree with me about my height. Because apparently I'm 6'2". :roll: I don't understand why people think that I'm wrong and their right about my height.

It may seem like i'm complaining about nothing, but when it happens multiple times whenever I go anywhere, it gets old quickly. :mad:

Edit: I'm not complaining about my height, just the fact that everyone comments on it. Heck, I'm not even really that tall. If I drive about 15 minutes to the north I'm pretty short. There are guys that 7'00" and girls that are 6'5" up there.

Jalopy

Reaction score
Just to put it in perspective .... they could be saying "hows the weather up there? or "you sure do cast a long shadow. " You can always figure as I do that if they are talking about me at least they are leaving some one else alone "temporarily". :lol: I had the same questions when I was in my teens and I was not athletically inclined so I understand your frustrations.Sorry that it gets to you. JLP

OP
FarmGirl10

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
Yeah, it could be worse. Just imagine the reaction when I go somewhere in 5 inch heels with my 5'2" best friends. :lol: We get looked at really funny.

bigbull338

Reaction score
hey enjoy your hight.i have a bro thats 6`2 his ex wife is 5`11.they have a daughter thats 5`11 1 son thats 6`2 an 1 son thats 6`3.

OP
FarmGirl10

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
Beefy":z7jbg1nl said:
maybe you should try being shorter.
:lol: Nope, if someone offered me a million dollars for each inch i would give up it would never happen.

OP
FarmGirl10

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
bigbull338":3brnrqga said:
hey enjoy your hight.i have a bro thats 6`2 his ex wife is 5`11.they have a daughter thats 5`11 1 son thats 6`2 an 1 son thats 6`3.
I enjoy it, plus around home I always felt short, one of my brothers who doubled as a good friend is 6'7".

john250

Reaction score
FarmGirl10":1xcxpk07 said:
Sometimes I get annoyed with people questioning me about my height. I'm fine if its just "How tall are you?" That's a simple answer, I'm 6'00". But that's never good enough for people. They always need to know what kind of sports i play, or disagree with me about my height. Because apparently I'm 6'2". :roll: I don't understand why people think that I'm wrong and their right about my height.

It may seem like i'm complaining about nothing, but when it happens multiple times whenever I go anywhere, it gets old quickly. :mad:

Really, I don't see many disadvantages to being tall. You'll get some gawking, sure, but on balance it's never a disadvantage.

lavacarancher

Reaction score
Well, FG10, if it's any consolation I always liked the tall ladies and they were terrific to dance slow dances with. When I was growing up I dated a young lady who was well over 6' tall and she was something else. My wife of over forty years is pretty tall too. Young folks can really be a$$es sometimes so don't worry about it.

OP
FarmGirl10

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
lavacarancher":17ne3coa said:
Well, FG10, if it's any consolation I always liked the tall ladies and they were terrific to dance slow dances with. When I was growing up I dated a young lady who was well over 6' tall and she was something else. My wife of over forty years is pretty tall too. Young folks can really be a$$es sometimes so don't worry about it.
I love being 6 foot, it makes me appear older and like you said a lot of guys like it. Plus, it often weeds out guys with self esteem issues (control freaks). Plus, i get treated different. :)

larryshoat

Reaction score
FarmGirl10":1hxwi05p said:
Beefy":1hxwi05p said:
:lol: Nope, if someone offered me a million dollars for each inch i would give up it would never happen.

I don't know Farmgirl, I love tall women and you're a real beauty, but I think at 5' 8" tall with 4 million dollars you'd be irresistible :heart: .

Larry

KNERSIE

Reaction score
larryshoat":nmsws7gp said:
FarmGirl10":nmsws7gp said:
Beefy":nmsws7gp said:

I don't know Farmgirl, I love tall women and you're a real beauty, but I think at 5' 8" tall with 4 million dollars you'd be irresistible :heart: .

Larry

Now that is a practical man!

I'm 6' also and that was too short to really make it in professional sport. I'd love to have had about 6 extra inches of height.

Jogeephus

Reaction score
larryshoat":llbl73uo said:
FarmGirl10":llbl73uo said:
Beefy":llbl73uo said:

Larry

:lol2: :lol2: Or even a 6 footer with $2M works well for me too. :banana:

peg4x4

Reaction score
Why don't you ask them,in the sweetest voice you can manage-maybe with a bit of eyelash batting,
"Are you a jockey"? :lol2:

alacattleman

Reaction score
FarmGirl10 said:

Edit: I'm not complaining about my height, just the fact that everyone comments on it. Heck, I'm not even really that tall. those might be the giants herefordsire has been looking for ;-) tall women look fine as long as every thing is in poportion, theres a gal here that over 6ft. but she disappears when she turns sideways.

OP
FarmGirl10

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
alacattleman":jnxatzud said:
FarmGirl10":jnxatzud said:

Edit: I'm not complaining about my height, just the fact that everyone comments on it. Heck, I'm not even really that tall. those might be the giants herefordsire has been looking for ;-) tall women look fine as long as every thing is in poportion, theres a gal here that over 6ft. but she disappears when she turns sideways.

:lol: Nope, those 6'5" girls are tiny, im skinny but they make me look fat. :shock:

Latest posts