Noromectin pour on

Help Support CattleToday:

I've used their injectable products. Might have used the pour on once. Local vet here recommends it but he is a penny pincher.

As far as I can tell all the generic Ivomec pour ons (and Ivomec pour on it self) are the same. If you find one at a good price go for it. It'll work no better or worse than any of the others.
Aprille

J&D Cattle":8w1am5n7 said:
I've used their injectable products. Might have used the pour on once. Local vet here recommends it but he is a penny pincher.
so am i :cowboy: but ive pinched in the past, only to cost more on the results...

aprille218":2w848icq said:
As far as I can tell all the generic Ivomec pour ons (and Ivomec pour on it self) are the same. If you find one at a good price go for it. It'll work no better or worse than any of the others.
Aprille
good price is a understatement,, enough to do 100-550 pndrs is around 45 dollars

I dont like any of the pour ons. Its probably an off label use, but the pour ons given orally are supposed to work really good. I'm not sure how much under the 1ml per 22 pounds you go when doing it orally.

Bigfoot":1oj54kzx said:
I dont like any of the pour ons. Its probably an off label use, but the pour ons given orally are supposed to work really good. I'm not sure how much under the 1ml per 22 pounds you go when doing it orally.
I can use it as a drench???

ALACOWMAN":2mbs6rhs said:
Bigfoot":2mbs6rhs said:
I can use it as a drench???

Never heard of that.

The pour-ons, as a group, are p!ss-poor as a wormer. They're not really well absorbed - probably more gets to the target by cows licking themselves than is actually absorbed through the skin. Studies I've seen showed that only about 30% of the dose gets where it needs to be. Additionally, some studies - and, no, they weren't funded by the makers of the name-brand product - have shown that many of the 'generic' ivermectin products just don't perform.

I've posted this link before, but it's still worth taking an hour or so to watch:
http://vimeo.com/11107393

I had decided several years ago that the generic wormers were not for me. I just wasnt happy with the results. After listening to Lucky_P and several others I also changed from pour on to injectable wormer this year. I used Cydectin injectable and have been very satisfied. It has worked well for me.

We used to use it, made the switch to injectables & oral solutions 3 years ago; won't go back to pour-ons. I will use generic injectables.

injection are all ive ever done..... seems like every one uses pour on around here.. im sure for the working ease and stress... 30% aint worth a dam

I use the pour-on for lice and mites mainly. Mine always get both the injectable and the pour-on. Skipped the pour-on one year and the cows udder's got lice or mites and we had a couple of skin head looking calves. Not pretty.

J&D Cattle":2ef19jxf said:
I use the pour-on for lice and mites mainly. Mine always get both the injectable and the pour-on. Skipped the pour-on one year and the cows udder's got lice or mites and we had a couple of skin head looking calves. Not pretty.
I follow the same process. I am using Noromectin right now.

Latest posts