No tution college

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75":1z6bpf7s said:
Are we really in a world that kids don't even know how to shop, buy food, cook food, be polite, respectful, pay bills, earn a living and be a productive member of society???

With students who have severe mental disabilities usually with an IQ of 55 and below, the above skills can be very challenging; therefore, schools have community learning programs for them in an attempt to make them as independent and as productive members of society as possible.

herofan":1z7ni1ip said:
ddd75":1z7ni1ip said:
Are we really in a world that kids don't even know how to shop, buy food, cook food, be polite, respectful, pay bills, earn a living and be a productive member of society???

With students who have severe mental disabilities usually with an IQ of 55 and below, the above skills can be very challenging; therefore, schools have community learning programs for them in an attempt to make them as independent and as productive members of society as possible.

disabilities???? What are you talking about.. The AVERAGE PERSON can't even do those things, let alone the AVERAGE STUDENT..

wow!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

hurleyjd":1ezu5jub said:
ddd75":1ezu5jub said:
Are we really in a world that kids don't even know how to shop, buy food, cook food, be polite, respectful, pay bills, earn a living and be a productive member of society??? Don't worry.. These kids KNOW how to use a computer.. and they'll need that!!!! Of course.. I'm not sure swiping your finger a few thousand time a day is considered KNOWING how to use a computer... When I was 15 years old I was building my own computers, burning CD's with the first CD burner out, and diagnosing motherboard problems with a multi-meter... but yea.. THESE kids.. yea.. they know how to swipe.. a VERY valuable skill they'll need in college ( YES.. I need more money / debt **SWIPE** college loan @ 140k and growing! SWIPE SWIPE SWIPE!!!!!)

wow.. what are we even teaching these kids??? How to be a pre-programmed propaganda machine that has NO LIFE SKILLS so they are dependent on other people and government. .. like North KOREA~!

Soon, these kids will be "leading" us with these corrupt thoughts and "we have to save the world" mentality.

YES.. I think we are pretty much there..

Yet.. we'll worry about some 'immigrants' as our #1 priority *(news told us so thats what we do)

WOW... . with 72,000 people dieing EVERY YEAR in the US do to drugs.. 46 die EVERYDAY from PRESCRIPTION drugs.. 2k kids are kidnapped EVERYDAY.. Slavery at an all time high in the world.. Terrorist attacks... Child slavery making your iphones for you.... THATS OK to use them though (the news hasn't told you to not use them) but yea.. we NEED to worry about white guilt.. what some people did when they were in middle school.. and how our founding fathers are TERRIBLE TERRIBLE people for doing the things they did....

Now, a business owner can't even paint a flag on her building because it faces a school!!! Just think if a illegal immigrant was at that school and actually looked at an AMERICAN FLAG!!! THE HORROR!!!!!!

YES, we live in a time where our main problem is to make sure the immigrants are taken care of, that much is clear!!!!!

I bet you could fix the family's TV. Your are lucky to be born smart the rest of us had to learn from geniuses like you. What have we learned nothing that would benefit us.

Let's not actually do something about the issues.. lets just keep band aid fixing the problems until another problem starts.. my extreme intelligence tells me that doesn't seem like the best route.

ddd75":3sseuzdy said:
herofan":3sseuzdy said:
ddd75":3sseuzdy said:

disabilities???? What are you talking about.. The AVERAGE PERSON can't even do those things, let alone the AVERAGE STUDENT..

wow!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
ddd you're like a dose of Exlax…...a little dose goes a long way. :???:

herofan":bbsub8r9 said:
ddd75":bbsub8r9 said:

Save your breath. It's almost like they have gotten themselves into a situation where it's easier to hate everyone and feel like they're stupid and a waste to society than to learn that there are certain circumstances that trump normal conventions. Plus, when you argue with an idiot in public, no one knows who the idiot is.

hurleyjd":2epdmpcf said:
This is what teaching is about to make you think and ask why.

But you can do it in a way that doesn't belittle the student. More often than not that will turn a kid off to learning faster than anything else.

yea.. here I am in the real world.. just throwing things out there.. . crazy talk and all...

oh wait..

Survey from Schwab:
Ages 23-28: One in four still lived with their parents; of those, 28% were unemployed, while another 26% chose to live with their parents in order to save money.

Fox business:
Today, most teenagers are not learning any personal money management skills because no one around them talks about it, says Judy Hoberman, marketing expert and President and CEO of Selling in a Skirt.

An overwhelming majority of teens --87% -- admit they don't know much about personal finance, according to a new study by ING Direct.

A 2009 study by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) found that only 27% of young adults understood basic financial concepts like inflation and interest rate calculations

2012 business insider: In addition to this, just 17% of teenagers surveyed suggested that they were confident and knowledgeable when it came to managing personal wealth. This lack of fiscal awareness does not bode well for the future of the U.S. economy.

COOKING:

Teens surveyed:
Much of their cooking was described as "jar-based," with the microwave being one of the most used kitchen appliances. Researchers also found that a popular "home-cooked" meal was cheese on toast.

There's no reason to bother about what you eat, because some participants believed that exercise would compensate for all their poor eating habits. Oh, and for their smoking as well.

For the first time ever, Americans in 2014 spent more money on food away from home than food prepared and consumed at home

nah.. you guys are right and i'm just "out there" with my CRAZY thinking and the CRAZY things I see with my eyes..

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

ddd75":28hs6fo9 said:
yea.. here I am in the real world.. just throwing things out there.. . crazy talk and all...

oh wait..

Survey from Schwab:
Ages 23-28: One in four still lived with their parents; of those, 28% were unemployed, while another 26% chose to live with their parents in order to save money.

Fox business:
Today, most teenagers are not learning any personal money management skills because no one around them talks about it, says Judy Hoberman, marketing expert and President and CEO of Selling in a Skirt.

An overwhelming majority of teens --87% -- admit they don't know much about personal finance, according to a new study by ING Direct.

A 2009 study by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) found that only 27% of young adults understood basic financial concepts like inflation and interest rate calculations

2012 business insider: In addition to this, just 17% of teenagers surveyed suggested that they were confident and knowledgeable when it came to managing personal wealth. This lack of fiscal awareness does not bode well for the future of the U.S. economy.

COOKING:

Teens surveyed:
Much of their cooking was described as "jar-based," with the microwave being one of the most used kitchen appliances. Researchers also found that a popular "home-cooked" meal was cheese on toast.

There's no reason to bother about what you eat, because some participants believed that exercise would compensate for all their poor eating habits. Oh, and for their smoking as well.

For the first time ever, Americans in 2014 spent more money on food away from home than food prepared and consumed at home

nah.. you guys are right and i'm just "out there" with my CRAZY thinking and the CRAZY things I see with my eyes..

I don't know about specific percents, but there is a lot of truth in what you wrote; however, I don't see much difference in older adults. How many older adults know anything about money managemwnt to the point they lead a comfortable life?

Most adults I know that have good jobs are running around acting like they may starve to death. They are in debt up to their eyeballs, and a few days without a paycheck could make or break them. Most adults I know who have worked for years act like they don't even have a few thousand dollars lying around for backup.

As for cooking, my grandmothers cooked three meals a day when everybody was farming at home. These days, I know very few older people who sit down to a home-cooked meal every night like people once did. The modern schedules just don't accommodate. Everybody is too busy running to sporting events or working from daylight to dark with a sandwich as their nourishment. I don't know too many professional people who sit down to home cooked meals regularly. They are grabbing Subway or skipping some meals altogether.

I think that has been going on for years. My grandmother had brothers and sisters that lived in Indiana, California, and Chicago. Whenever they came to visit, she filled the table every day with a great meal. When she went to visit them, it was like a regular mealtime didn't even exist. She said she always starved when she went to visit them.

So, nothing I've written justifies anything or makes anything better or worse, but I don't think all this stuff just started with the current young generation.

herofan":22cstiqg said:
ddd75":22cstiqg said:

oh wait..

Survey from Schwab:

Fox business:

COOKING:

Teens surveyed:

I don't know about specific percents, but there is a lot of truth in what you wrote; however, I don't see much difference in older adults. How many older adults know anything about money managemwnt to the point they lead a comfortable life?

Most adults I know that have good jobs are running around acting like they may starve to death. They are in debt up to their eyeballs, and a few days without a paycheck could make or break them. Most adults I know who have worked for years act like they don't even have a few thousand dollars lying around for backup.

As for cooking, my grandmothers cooked three meals a day when everybody was farming at home. These days, I know very few older people who sit down to a home-cooked meal every night like people once did. The modern schedules just don't accommodate. Everybody is too busy running to sporting events or working from daylight to dark with a sandwich as their nourishment. I don't know too many professional people who sit down to home cooked meals regularly. They are grabbing Subway or skipping some meals altogether.

I think that has been going on for years. My grandmother had brothers and sisters that lived in Indiana, California, and Chicago. Whenever they came to visit, she filled the table every day with a great meal. When she went to visit them, it was like a regular mealtime didn't even exist. She said she always starved when she went to visit them.

So, nothing I've written justifies anything or makes anything better or worse, but I don't think all this stuff just started with the current young generation.

GB I was at a business economics workshop a leading economic guru was giving. For the life of me I can't remember his name. The thing that stuck with me from his seminar was this statement.
If everyone started out dead broke and was given 100 dollars Bill Gates would still be rich and the guy living under the overpass would still be there.
No matter the fiscal education most people can't manage money.

Latest posts