No Surprise!!

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":609cfzd4 said:
TN Cattle Man":609cfzd4 said:
THIS JUST IN....

The top 3 in the preseason rankings have now changed!!

#1 Alabama
#2 Alabama's 2nd String
#3 Alabama's 2013 Recruiting Class

:banana: :banana:

:D Sorry... just had to post!
Roll-Tide!

Seems I heard that last year. Would you settle for one loss this year. "Gig'em". :mrgreen:
Looking forward to a great season TexasBred!!

We lost a quarterback that broke his foot, one of three that's competing to replace Landry Jones. But that's not what I'm worried about it's the DEFENSE that needs to show up this year! We were horrible last year and if the defense doesn't improve it's going to be a long season. :(

ousoonerfan22":2nnx8f3l said:
We lost a quarterback that broke his foot, one of three that's competing to replace Landry Jones. But that's not what I'm worried about it's the DEFENSE that needs to show up this year! We were horrible last year and if the defense doesn't improve it's going to be a long season. :(
Just be sure you beat up on Austin Reform School. :mrgreen:

TexasBred":1nj35fra said:
ousoonerfan22":1nj35fra said:
Just be sure you beat up on Austin Reform School. :mrgreen:

Sorry sooner, I sure thought the media report said it was a RB, but I may have missed read it. Defense is the big ? For the Ducks also, they lost 3 of their 4 linebackers to the NFL without a whole lot of experience behind them some but not much. DB's a very, very good and very, very deep. D-line is good and big with lots of experience, but the linebackers are a wait and see.

TB, you know I'm a big A&M fan, but with Johnny Football's extra activities this summer he better be on his game. The fan base and media is not going to cut the drunk little party boy much slack with mistakes. He sure gave UT plenty of reason to rough him up a bit with his frat party crashing stunt at UT............. But just to get us in the spirit of the upcoming A&M season!.......enjoy! :mrgreen:

[youtube]xFFPQ4GRxJA[/youtube]

Alan said:
TB, you know I'm a big A&M fan, but with Johnny Football's extra activities this summer he better be on his game. The fan base and media is not going to cut the drunk little party boy much slack with mistakes. He sure gave UT plenty of reason to rough him up a bit with his frat party crashing stunt at UT............. But just to get us in the spirit of the upcoming A&M season!.......enjoy! :mrgreen:

Alan she still takes nothing off. lolol....Hard to do anything right when you're under a microscope. Tebow made it impossible for everyone else. You can't fart now without someone writing it up in the papers. And yessir Manziel better perform. Don't see it as a problem myself. Got way to many good receivers and running backs this year to have to try to do it all himself.

Still don't know any real details about partying, frat parties at UT and football camp. Just know that Peyton Manning said he would be back at the camp next year.

Your right TB, as many elite college athletes are he is really under the microscope. I didn't hear that the Payton's are having him back next year, good to know. I'm just having some fun, we all hope for the ultimate season but until the season starts who knows. Although I don't think Manziel will be at A&M next year. I'm sure the Ducks will lose a bunch of their big name players next year to early exits to the NFL, then we'll see have good our new coach is. Chip left him a lot of weapons this year.

Alan":1o1y3f9b said:
Your right TB, as many elite college athletes are he is really under the microscope. I didn't hear that the Payton's are having him back next year, good to know. I'm just having some fun, we all hope for the ultimate season but until the season starts who knows. Although I don't think Manziel will be at A&M next year. I'm sure the Ducks will lose a bunch of their big name players next year to early exits to the NFL, then we'll see have good our new coach is. Chip left him a lot of weapons this year.
Maybe Manziel is gonna be the next Paul Horning....smoke, drink and party his way into the Hall of Fame. :lol2: :lol2:

The Ducks will be fine. Hope we get some of the games down here.

TexasBred":ei7hbqxt said:
Alan":ei7hbqxt said:
Maybe Manziel is gonna be the next Paul Horning....smoke, drink and party his way into the Hall of Fame. :lol2: :lol2:
The Ducks will be fine. Hope we get some of the games down here.

Sportswriters were so much different then. The writers promoted the team so they were useful to management and they wouldn't sully the image of the players on the field. The writers wouldn't write that a player drank too much because they wished they were drinking with him.
Today, sports writers are as bad as Entertainment Tonite, looking for dirty laundry. At least Manziel has a "real" girlfriend. Or does he? But he has to get with the program. Peyton Mannings passer camp is a real great resume item. "Left early"--not so much. The $ difference between a #1 draft pick and #32 is enough to get anyones attention.
Pat McAFee is the Colts punter. Maybe 4 yr ago, on an off week, he was arrested for swimming in the Broad Ripple canal in Indy. I wish I had his mugshot to post (it defines " _hit faced"). Pat is a Pittsburgh kid who played college in W.Va. Anyway, he has rehabbed his image to the point I think he could be elected mayor of Indy if he wanted. Pretty sure his jersey is #1 seller in the Colts merchandise store. He is an outgoing guy and he is working his image. He buys blocs of tickets for service men, takes ice cream to kids in the hospital.
It doesn't hurt that he's the best punter in the league, and making about $1 mil a year.
He doesn't kick field goals. Someone named Vinatieri has that job ahead of him.

Manziel can come back. It's a lot of work.

Hornung was one, and Jim McMahon of the unbeaten Bears was another.

Hornung was one, and Jim McMahon of the unbeaten Bears was another. Is that the year the Dolphins ruined their perfect season??
Maybe in 1985. :banana:

Alan":2i4xq6n8 said:
greybeard":2i4xq6n8 said:
"21:Oklahoma I'm not hearing good things on talk radio around here. "

Them talk radio people don't suit up on game day.

Sooners will be in top 10 pretty quick.

I agree, OK will move up although they just lost their running back with a broken foot so maybe not in the top ten.

Also no one can ever rely on what the sports media reporters say. This goes for the coaches poll also. As many coaches have said, during the season the are lucky to see one other game that doesn't involve their own team, so really don't know the other teams other then the top few.

CF, I hope you're wrong about Oregon. They have a bunch of offensive play makers this year at key positions. While they have a new head coach he is not a new coach to the team. They have two new coaches, their D-line coach is new and their wide receiver coach is new. But the new OC is the old wide receiver coach so the two will work closely together........ Than again they may lose 6 games this year ..... If they do I will probably be buying more than one new TV this season. :lol: :lol:

Notre Dame is the team who's going to take a big fall in the polls this season, not taking a poke at Iso, they just weren't as good as their record showed last year and lost a bunch this year from last.
Does Oregon even have a defense? Lol

Aggs, nope, no defense for Oregon, when the Ducks are scoring a touchdown every 90 seconds and taking their foot off the gas in the second quarter why waste time on a defense? Every week they have a open tryout for the best 11 college kids to suit up and stand in a defensive position ...... Seems to work! :lol: