No Surprise!!

Help Support CattleToday:

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
Alabama is ranked #1 in the Coaches Poll preseason Top 25!!!

Roll-Tide!

Here is the complete preseason rankings if you're interested:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Oregon
4. Stanford
5, Georgia
6. Texas A&M
7. South Carolina
8. Clemson
9. Louisville
10. Florida
11. Notre Dame
12. Florida State
13. LSU
14. Oklahoma State
15. Texas
16. Oklahoma
17. Michigan
18. Nebraska
19. Boise State
20. TCU
21. UCLA
22. Northwestern
23. Wisconsin
24. USC
25. Oregon State

HOSS":11awzxim said:
You mean Tennessee is not ranked #1??? :lol2: :mrgreen: :oops: :hide:
Hoss, I would love to see Tennessee get their program back to the top, but I think we are in for a loooong wait! I was born an Alabama Fan but always pull for the Vols as well (unless they are playing Bama).

HOSS":36ltgpke said:
You mean Tennessee is not ranked #1??? :lol2: :mrgreen: :oops: :hide:

They will have a chance to crack the top 25 with a win in week 3.

I can see A&M at #4, but not the top 3. If A&M is 4, Stanford is 5. Who's your top 5?

Dave":29h7mehu said:
Once again my WSU Cougars get over looked in the polls........ What is going to take? Winning some games?

Winning would help, but they still have one big recruiting obstacle they they can't overcome ........ Being located in Pullman ........ But the kids can alway party in the big city of Moscow! :mrgreen:

Alan":k2x79bp6 said:
Dave":k2x79bp6 said:
Once again my WSU Cougars get over looked in the polls........ What is going to take? Winning some games?

Winning would help, but they still have one big recruiting obstacle they they can't overcome ........ Being located in Pullman ........ But the kids can alway party in the big city of Moscow! :mrgreen:

What is the matter with mile after mile of wheat fields? And I have partied in Moscow. Believe me they know how to party in Moscow. It was probably easier to recruit when the drink age in Moscow was 19.

Texas A&M I needed someone ahead of Alabama :D
Alabama
Ohio State (don't like it, but I can't bet against Urban too much)
Oklahoma State (If the defense improves, they may have it all together- at least I hope.)
Georgia
Clemson (I think they are going places)
Stanford
LSU
South Carolina
Florida
Oregon Coaching change will have a bigger effect than most think. Sorry Alan.
Florida State- I think they will dissapoint a little, like last year.
TCU- I don't like the fact that they have a drug dealer as quarterback, and maybe karma will get them. But I'm afraid they might be pretty decent.
Michigan
Louisville
Notre Dame
Nebraska
Wisconsin
USC
UCLA
Oklahoma I'm not hearing good things on talk radio around here.
Oregon State
Northwestern
Boise State
Texas It's Texas. They'll get to stay in the top 25 if deserved or not.

"21:Oklahoma I'm not hearing good things on talk radio around here. "

Them talk radio people don't suit up on game day.

Sooners will be in top 10 pretty quick.

greybeard":2r151dcw said:
"21:Oklahoma I'm not hearing good things on talk radio around here. "

Them talk radio people don't suit up on game day.

Sooners will be in top 10 pretty quick.

I agree, OK will move up although they just lost their running back with a broken foot so maybe not in the top ten.

Also no one can ever rely on what the sports media reporters say. This goes for the coaches poll also. As many coaches have said, during the season the are lucky to see one other game that doesn't involve their own team, so really don't know the other teams other then the top few.

CF, I hope you're wrong about Oregon. They have a bunch of offensive play makers this year at key positions. While they have a new head coach he is not a new coach to the team. They have two new coaches, their D-line coach is new and their wide receiver coach is new. But the new OC is the old wide receiver coach so the two will work closely together........ Than again they may lose 6 games this year ..... If they do I will probably be buying more than one new TV this season. :lol: :lol:

Notre Dame is the team who's going to take a big fall in the polls this season, not taking a poke at Iso, they just weren't as good as their record showed last year and lost a bunch this year from last.

HOSS":3qv7fd4s said:
Alan,
Have you seen the new football performance facility the Ducks have? With digs like that there can be no excuses :mrgreen: That place is much better than the pros. Very impressive!
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/colleg ... ce-center/

Thanks for the link Hoss, that's the best slide show of their new digs I've seen. Yea it seems a little over the top :mrgreen: . I wonder how long before uncle Phil is going to want the Oregon "O" replaced with the Nike swoosh? :lol: This new facilities sure won't hurt recruiting.

THIS JUST IN....

The top 3 in the preseason rankings have now changed!!

#1 Alabama
#2 Alabama's 2nd String
#3 Alabama's 2013 Recruiting Class

:banana: :banana:

:D Sorry... just had to post!
Roll-Tide!

I wouldn't bet the farm on my simplistic guesses, but it is rumored here that OU has serious QB issues. That's not a good thing in this league, if true.

GB, you are correct. But a couple of these guys just hung up their cleats recently, i figured they had a few ties to the locker room still.

I figured if Texas and Oklahoma are more concerned about other teams than each other, it isn't a good sign for either.

They may both surprise me.

Alan,

I hope your right, since they are your team- up to a point of course. :)
I look at it as a loss of a CEO. There is going to be some disruption and uncertainties even though the employees are the same. Leadership isn't an easy role to fill. Some guys have it, some don't.

It'll be fun to watch and see. I'm ready for some good games.

TN Cattle Man":1t30qq03 said:
THIS JUST IN....

The top 3 in the preseason rankings have now changed!!

#1 Alabama
#2 Alabama's 2nd String
#3 Alabama's 2013 Recruiting Class

:banana: :banana:

:D Sorry... just had to post!
Roll-Tide!

Seems I heard that last year. Would you settle for one loss this year. "Gig'em". :mrgreen:

Latest posts