No Snag eartags

Help Support CattleToday:

Good idea. When I was trying to find cow tags I noted how less expensive the calf tags were. In the past the difference was minimal, but now it is substantial. I need to quit being such a creature of habit. Like you said, the steer calves and most of my heifers won't be here by winter, so I don't really need the cow size tags. Of course my eyes aren't all that good anymore, so maybe I won't be able to see those little tags.
I carry a set of binoculars in the cab, so my aging eyes can read the tags better if I can't make out a number. 🤣

I carry a set of binoculars in the cab, so my aging eyes can read the tags better if I can't make out a number. 🤣
Yep, we have one in the RTV. Never go anywhere without them. I can read a cow or calves tag from a long ways off, if it isn't covered in mud. I also started putting the numbers on both the front and back of the tag, so I can see who it is even when they're facing away.

The day after I finally ordered the expensive eartags from the Coop, I got an email from Jeffers telling me yellow eartags were in stock and ready to ship. I called the Coop back and was able to cancel my order. My Jeffers order should be here on Monday.

Yup. I just sucked it up and paid it because I was happy to find some. Price gouging? Or, just like most everything else that has skyrocketed?
TC, I think price gouging and skyrocketing prices are one of the same thing. I think many companies are seizing the opportunity that people have accepted that prices for everything are going up so it is now easy to increase their margin as people just accept the higher price tag.

Ken

Latest posts