No doubt ...it could be worse

Help Support CattleToday:

NEVER argure with someone with dementia. They are allways right.. You cannot explane anything,as they forget what you were talking about before you're thro talking..(Been there,done that,ain't no fun..)
Just go ahead and do what seems right.He probbily will not notice.. I wish you the very best in this horrible situation.
Oh,it will get worse-brace yourself. :(

bigbull338":yqcn4s86 said:
Caustic Burno":yqcn4s86 said:
Wewild":yqcn4s86 said:
Got a pasture full of black Lims that is over stocked and has been for a while. Got other pastures with red Lims that aren't. Grass is going down hard in the black pasture.

How do you make a 71 year old man with alzheimers who never liked to mix colors accept the fact that some of the blacks need to be moved.

Got talked to in a rough way tonight just talking about it.

Maybe I need to call RC.

I lost a good friend to that horrible disease, it was really hard on the family. What I seen was they usually strike out at the ones they love the most. If your family is going through what I saw my friends go through may God have mercy and take him quick.
Not one cow is worth upsetting him or you.
its so sad.when you see ones mind go down to the point they know not family or freinds.i feel for you being pushed into that corner.you need to sale some cows.but doing so could trigger a bad reaction with your dad.so all i see you doing is feeding the cattle.or maybe culling the older cows off.your truely in a rock an a hard place with your dads illness.

We had a family friend who was a cattleman his whole life, he got alzheimers, and was dead within 6 months, but it was horrible because he was a outsdoorman who after awhile could not be left alone. One night he went outside, thinking he was a kid, and his son had to look all over the farm for him, he said he couldn't remember where he was or who he was, or for that matter who is son even was. I think this disease is by far the cruelest disease out there.

GMN

I am sincerely touched by all the posts. They gives me strength.

Thank you all.

Wewild":2232941r said:
snip .... he won't recall it the next day.

My friend,

You will do what you have to do - when it has to be done.

Tough decisions will be made and you will be the bad guy - but you will do what is right because you know it must be done.

You will be forgiven for these decisions because they are made with the best of intentions - and those decisions will not be made lightly.

Until then stop fretting - it will wear you down when you least need that to happen.

Keep your strength for the major emotional upheavals coming your way.

Your friends and family will always be your friends and family.

May the sun and rain come when you need them and may you sleep well at night.

Thoughts and prayers,

Bez>

Latest posts