Nice Crappie

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
photobucket-15612-1334712476887.jpg

Supposedly 7.5 lbs but not official yet. If it is, it might be the new world record. Georgia grown of course.

It looks like a white perch, speck to me. No, who ever caught it can call it what ever they want. That's one fine crappie.

Deepsouth":judxf610 said:
That same fish weighed 6 lbs in Mississippi a few weeks ago. Still have not heard the straight story on it.

Alright, but I hate bragging. I caught it mid March in Oklahoma. I just didn't want to give my fishing hole away so I tell people out of state. I keep forgetting which state I told em, so you may hear several stories. I didn't want all the press, so I paid that guy to take the photo.

Commercialfarmer":3qpshjz4 said:
Deepsouth":3qpshjz4 said:
That same fish weighed 6 lbs in Mississippi a few weeks ago. Still have not heard the straight story on it.

Alright, but I hate bragging. I caught it mid March in Oklahoma. I just didn't want to give my fishing hole away so I tell people out of state. I keep forgetting which state I told em, so you may hear several stories. I didn't want all the press, so I paid that guy to take the photo.
:D That's as good as anything else I've heard.

Deepsouth":37897lsp said:
Commercialfarmer":37897lsp said:
Deepsouth":37897lsp said:

:D That's as good as anything else I've heard.

I figured it was a hoax. Friend sent it to me on the phone. Heck, any self respecting Georgia fisherman would have turned it loose. :lol2:

Caught this one a few years ago on a cane pole using flea larvae for bait. Too 8 hours, a 30 pack and a pkg. of cigs to land it.

Jogeephus":1br79ajp said:
:lol2: :lol2: I caught one just like it only 8 ounces bigger. How much did yours weigh? ;-) :lol2:
Little over 45 lbs. Jogee...scales looked like silver dollars. What did you catch your big one on??

TexasBred":1r1enm8i said:
Jogeephus":1r1enm8i said:
:lol2: :lol2: I caught one just like it only 8 ounces bigger. How much did yours weigh? ;-) :lol2:
Little over 45 lbs. Jogee...scales looked like silver dollars. What did you catch your big one on??

I really can't remember quite yet. Been talking to Mepps, Rapalla, Strike KIng and Panther Martin. Hoping one of them will jog my memory shortly. :mrgreen:

How about your fishing pole. Make sure your hat and pole come from Bass Pro, or Cabela's. All joking aside I want to catch the next world record largemouth bass. :nod:

Jogeephus said:
photobucket-15612-1334712476887.jpg

Supposedly 7.5 lbs but not official yet. If it is, it might be the new world record. Georgia grown of course.[/quote

If thats a 7.5 pound fish, then that man must be 7 ft and 350 pounds .. Looks to me just looking at his hands and the fish mouth to be a about 3 pounds... still thats a fine sac a lait.

Latest posts