NH5920, Kuhn SR110, Tonutti Raptor4G

Help Support CattleToday:

Wick

Reaction score
Which one of these wheel rakes would be better and why, The NH and Tonutti dealers are closer than the kuhn. NH and Tonutti are around 7900. Kuhn a little less. On a hilly smaller operation of about 80 acres hay ground which one would you prefer and why. Maybe some one owns one of these and can give some feed back. If it makes a difference I use a NH Haybine to cut with and hay is usally heavy. Usually 7-10 bales an acre. Need to get this in the works soon. Do these wheel rakes leave much hay behind. As in not cleaning up the field. Thanks

Wick":3rnoct9w said:
Which one of these wheel rakes would be better and why, The NH and Tonutti dealers are closer than the kuhn. NH and Tonutti are around 7900. Kuhn a little less. On a hilly smaller operation of about 80 acres hay ground which one would you prefer and why. Maybe some one owns one of these and can give some feed back. If it makes a difference I use a NH Haybine to cut with and hay is usally heavy. Usually 7-10 bales an acre. Need to get this in the works soon. Do these wheel rakes leave much hay behind. As in not cleaning up the field. Thanks
I would go with the Kuhn it is one of the best rakes on the market I would reccomend adding the center kicker wheel to it also
I bought one about 4yrs ago and I don't think you could get my wife to rake with anything else unless it was a hyd V bar rake which will run you close to $20k
as for leaving hay they don't
I don't know how you are used to raking and baling but the best way with a wheel rake is to make 3 passes around the field then start at one side and rake across the field from oneside to the other

Wick":as0xfyi2 said:

I have a Kuhn SR 110 and love it. It works great in the hills.

The Vermeer VR1022 is made in the USA and sells considerably less than $7,900 in the $5,500 range or less. http://www2.vermeer.com/vermeer/NA/en/N/equipment/rakes/vr1022
Tab01_VR1022_prdimg.jpg

I think I found a rake, its a hybrid hay rake made by ogden. My local deer dealer sells them and sales rep. bought one last year along with about 6 others. Not a complaint from any of them. You can search for them on web under ogden hayrunner hybrid hay rake. Wheels are in front so no clogging. Rep says its heavy to around 1800 lbs. Not a flimsy wheel rake.

I think I found a rake, its a hybrid hay rake made by ogden. My local deer dealer sells them and sales rep. bought one last year along with about 6 others. Not a complaint from any of them. You can search for them on web under ogden hayrunner hybrid hay rake. Wheels are in front so no clogging. Rep says its heavy to around 1800 lbs. Not a flimsy wheel rake.
Ok, I know this thread is old, but I recently stumbled across the Ogden Hay rakes and like how the wheel are in front of the frame versus behind like on my SR 112 Kuhn speed rake. I have mostly liked the Kuhn rake may only complaint is it struggles in thick tonnage hay. It always wants to ball up at the end catching on the frame or last wheel bars. Thin grass or 3rd cutting Alfalfa no complaints, but I do more alfalfa and 3 way crops than grass. I'd really like a Darf rake, but can't justify the $40k price tag of a new one. The used one's around, well they are used for a reason..haha. Anyways I have no local dealer that carries the Ogden hay rakes but like the looks of the RCR-12 with the 60" wheels and tandem wheels. I'm tempted to order one, but hoping someone on here as bought one since this thread started and can relay their experiences with it. I'm really curious how it does in thick tonnage alfalfa as well. Thanks!

Latest posts