Nh3 applicator HP question

Help Support CattleToday:

Kscattle

Reaction score
How big of tractor would it take to pull a mounted 9 knife anhydrous applicator? I have some hill ground and terraces but I just wonder if my 4020 dualed up would pull it ok. I'm not gonna be running over very many acres with it?

It's just a tool bar with electric on/off switch. I am concerned that I won't have the HP to pull it

Kscattle":ru4liyjd said:
How big of tractor would it take to pull a mounted 9 knife anhydrous applicator? I have some hill ground and terraces but I just wonder if my 4020 dualed up would pull it ok. I'm not gonna be running over very many acres with it?

Need about 5hp per shank, so 4020 should be enough.

How big of tanks will you be pulling? 1000's aren't too bad but 15 or 2000's gonna be some weight to lug around. Do you have any weight/fluid on the tractor?
Jenna

A 4020 is a pretty big tractor by any standard. I like the answer of 5hp/shank so you should have plenty of power. Someone correct if I'm wrong but the 4020 is about 100 (120?) hp tractor and a workhorse.

Yes this tractor has fluid in the tires as well as weights on front and the inside of the back tires. I'll only be pulling one tank at a time. Thanks for the advice paw paw.

Latest posts