NH Angus-now looking for CE Club Bull Semen

Help Support CattleToday:

Betty

Reaction score
Awhile back, I posted about our herd getting hammered with AM/NH/CA. Still have 5 nice cows that are NH. Just tested last years calves, they are all NH too, it seems to be a sticky mutation.
Well, the hell with that, I'm thinking AI to a Club Calf bull and if they are fancy, maybe someone would buy them to show, if not, they go to the locker.
But, all the Club Calf bulls have pretty high birth weights. My cows carry genes for high birth weights themselves. Plus they are soggy and kinda fat, endless capacity to grow a monster.
Do you folks have a recommendation for a Club Calf bull with nice structure and low birth weight?

His calves are just hitting the ground, but Lautner's I-80 calves have been fairly small on BW. Smilin Bob is being marketed as a low bw bull also, but once again, his calves are just now coming.

Ali sons seem to be fairly easy calving for a clubbies, if I remember right Smokin Joe is one a friend of mine used with no problems.

The Tryon bull looks terrific, we can sure try that for $30/straw, plus it's an angus, maybe we'd get lucky and have a NH free!

If you want an Angus, try Silveira's Style or a Plainview Lutton son.

did anyone see anything out of Cowboy Troy? He was a bull Trausch's had in Denver a few years back, real thick, moderate and hairy for an Angus, they sold a couple heifers by his sire for big money in the female sale there too. He's a reg Angus, but might be a little birthweight with some of his ancestry.

robert":2681vsqr said:
did anyone see anything out of Cowboy Troy? He was a bull Trausch's had in Denver a few years back, real thick, moderate and hairy for an Angus, they sold a couple heifers by his sire for big money in the female sale there too. He's a reg Angus, but might be a little birthweight with some of his ancestry.
I've never seen anything out of Cowboy Troy, and being a 6 yr. old bull that might not be a good thing.

showing71":2odfn7g2 said:
robert":2odfn7g2 said:
I've never seen anything out of Cowboy Troy, and being a 6 yr. old bull that might not be a good thing.

Point taken :)

Latest posts